Parcel size discrepancy

Carlene Wildrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

May 13, I bought a mainland parcel size 2080 sqm. Odd size but it had a little extension sized 32 sqm so I lopped that chunk off and sold it, leaving me a perfectly square parcel of 2048. Now I was just there looking at the land and thought whoa, 2048s aren't square! Land info shows the parcel as 2048 and it supports 468 prims, as a 2048 should, but....the dimensions are 32x32. That works out to 1024 sqm. I can't help but think I'm brain cramping and missing something but, I've walked the sides and they are 32 m, I've positioned a 32x32 megaprim and it was an exact fit, and I even put down a bunch of 8x8s, perfectly aligned, and again an exact fit. showing property lines and landowners confirm the 32x32 dimensions. Any ideas what's going on before I make a fool of myself with live chat?

It's here, if anyone wants to look. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Audeburgh/13/15/40 it's adult land btw but nothing offensive in the neighborhood that I've seen. 

There are some double prim sims in Zindra, if you go to About Land, Objects tab, does it look like this:

primbonus.PNG

If so, you have a 1024sqm with double prims.

EDIT: Just been over to your land and it is not double prim, you have 2 x1024 that are joined but not connected.

Basically someone had a huge parcel that was all joined and they cut a part out of the middle so your 2 parts aren`t connected to each other anymore but are still linked as one parcel.

The moral of the tale is to always inspect land carefully before purchase, turning property lines on and using about land to see the outline. To see clearly, you can use the Advanced/Render Types (viewer2) menu to turn off rendering of Volumes (=all prims and sculpties) and Trees and Gass, and maybe clouds if you want to look from high up. This instance does not sound suspicious, but there are some deliberate tricks that use unexpected parcel configurations. Beware especially of donut holes.

I tend to leave land lines on so I know exactly where boundaries are. I can see why you got confused, I have seen some sims carved up in odd ways. Not good when a 2048 is carved up into  2 1024's that are on seperate parts of the sim, especially when you need to rez a prim or item that is bigger than 1024.

I do the same actually. Its helpful when you know where your land is and just need to be clear on the edges. :)

But the OP seems to not even know where half the land he bought is located. So he's going to want to the 'smack you upside the head' version of 'Yo, here's your land!' :)

Since this trick also shows land for sale as yellow, and when you select a piece of land and right click border lines grow up from the ground around it - the two combined can help a buyer ahead of time from accidentally buying a split lot.

• 1 month later...

I looked, but it has been resold.  I do see one parcel here with a donut hole cut in the middle of it.  Consider that noncontiguous parcels can be joined to report as one in the land tools.  Consider that it is possible to cut out a donut hole from a parcel.  Those two techniques plus combinations of them can lead to some weird things. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.