Jump to content

land instead of home or land and home ?


Francisc2020
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Francisc2020 said:

Can you tell me if  is possible to give the linden home and get free land ? How big can be that land ? Thank you :) 

If you are Premium and don't get a Linden home, you have 1024 sq m as part of your membership that you can use to buy Mainland. The land is not "free", though, as you'll need to pay a one time purchase price to the seller to buy it.

(You can also rent from another resident without needing to have any land allowance available.)

ETA: Since the campers in the Linden Homes regions use only 512 sq m, you can also get one of those and have 512 left to use on Mainland.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If you are Premium and don't get a Linden home, you have 1024 sq m as part of your membership that you can use to buy Mainland. The land is not "free", though, as you'll need to pay a one time purchase price to the seller to buy it.

(You can also rent from another resident without needing to have any land allowance available.)

You can also buy abandoned land, for L$1 per m2, and if you are in a group and other members donate their tier, instead of having a Linden home, you get extra land allowance (hope I've said this right).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

You can also buy abandoned land, for L$1 per m2, and if you are in a group and other members donate their tier, instead of having a Linden home, you get extra land allowance (hope I've said this right).

You are braver than I am! I didn't want to touch the "group bonus" explanation. lol

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If you are Premium and don't get a Linden home, you have 1024 sq m as part of your membership that you can use to buy Mainland. The land is not "free", though, as you'll need to pay a one time purchase price to the seller to buy it.

(You can also rent from another resident without needing to have any land allowance available.)

ETA: Since the campers in the Linden Homes regions use only 512 sq m, you can also get one of those and have 512 left to use on Mainland.

I am a new premium member , i prefer to buy at auctions a 1024 m2 plot and leave the linden home . How can i do that ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Francisc2020 said:

I am a new premium member , i prefer to buy at auctions a 1024 m2 plot and leave the linden home . How can i do that ?

stand in your linden home, about land, and click abandon

i strongly reccommend to buy land on the market, not at auctions, because the prices are often absurd.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Francisc2020 said:

I am a new premium member , i prefer to buy at auctions a 1024 m2 plot and leave the linden home . How can i do that ?

If you currently have a Linden home, go to the parcel and abandon it. You do that by removing all your items from the parcel, opening the About Land box, and click the Abandon button. This will free up the 1024 sq m land allowance so you can go land shopping. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Francisc2020 said:

I am a new premium member , i prefer to buy at auctions a 1024 m2 plot and leave the linden home . How can i do that ?

Auction page is here: https://places.secondlife.com/auctions?lang=en-US#0

Auction FAQ: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/auctions-faq-r1473/

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

stand in your linden home, about land, and click abandon

i strongly reccommend to buy land on the market, not at auctions, because the prices are often absurd.

Since the system changed, and only land sold directly by lindens is allowed on the auction page I believe the situation has improved.

Plots of land regularly sell for the minimum 1 linden dollar per metre squared. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Since the system changed, and only land sold directly by lindens is allowed on the auction page I believe the situation has improved.

Plots of land regularly sell for the minimum 1 linden dollar per metre squared. 

We've always explored  the mainland, looking for nice spots, then put in a ticket to buy a parcel from the Lindens. We've never been disappointed, yet, even though it can take a while for them to respond as they are pretty busy 😉

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 93YearOld said:

We've always explored  the mainland, looking for nice spots, then put in a ticket to buy a parcel from the Lindens. We've never been disappointed, yet, even though it can take a while for them to respond as they are pretty busy 😉

It's a good way to get an extra 'prim parcel' too!

Some mainland plots undercut the linden's base value. If someone is about to abandon they can try for an ultra low sale price just before they do!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2020 at 10:56 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If you currently have a Linden home, go to the parcel and abandon it. You do that by removing all your items from the parcel, opening the About Land box, and click the Abandon button. This will free up the 1024 sq m land allowance so you can go land shopping. 

thank you :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...