Jump to content

The lament of a region decorator


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Maybe I should just stop buying structures and decoration props alltogether, anytime I find something that looks nice on the box it has either:

  • Bad LODs and crumples as soon as you zoom out.
  • All baked textures, making it not only impossible to re-texture properly, but also bloating it's memory usage.

I'm starting to wonder if i should just re-create the things I buy with prims (or my own meshs) and texture them with reusable textures instead.

Which makes me wonder why I even buy things in the first place?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

No demo, no purchase.

Even with demos it doesn't help, no one appears to recycles textures which means a fully furnished region is just a constant stream of texture popping as soon as you decide to move around, unless you build absolutely everything from scratch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Maybe I should just stop buying structures and decoration props alltogether, anytime I find something that looks nice on the box it has either:

  • Bad LODs and crumples as soon as you zoom out.
  • All baked textures, making it not only impossible to re-texture properly, but also bloating it's memory usage.

Working on it! ^_^

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

I'm starting to wonder if i should just re-create the things I buy with prims (or my own meshs) and texture them with reusable textures instead.

If you did, and put them on sale, others would have more options for their own parcels. If they were on MP, you could use the description area to sell the benefits of this way of texturing things, attention to LODs, etc. A bit of stealth education via consumerism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

If you did, and put them on sale, others would have more options for their own parcels. If they were on MP, you could use the description area to sell the benefits of this way of texturing things, attention to LODs, etc. A bit of stealth education via consumerism.

Yeah but i can't really do that with a design that someone else came up with, that wouldn't be cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Yeah but i can't really do that with a design that someone else came up with, that wouldn't be cool.

Oh sorry, forgot about that part. Can you figure out ways to do something in a similar vein but different enough? Obviously easier for items with RL counterparts rather than purely imagined themes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

This is what caused me to just start meshing everything in my sim myself 😅

 At first it was a lot of work because I was unfamiliar with the tools. But after it felt like I had unlocked this giant canvas for me to paint on. 

Creating with friends is the best. Find someone who likes to wark wark and screen share with them it's a nice past time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...