Marketplace listing process/editing appears to be broken

Arwen Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Gallatis said:

ok, I found the fix: from now (it wasn't set up like that before the bug), when you modify the description field, you are required to copy/paste your modification in each language.

Hi Gallatis!

When updating a listing, it is necessary to update each language separately.  It is not possible for the Marketplace to use information from one language and then translated that information into other languages and then update those language fields, so the sellers must do that themselves. 

Hi again, Dakota :)

Thanks for the explanation: I didn't think about it, because it is a new feature, isn't it? before, we weren't supposed to do that.

Hence, I have just come back to thank your all, for the new features for MP: the updates are REALLY fast (immediate) and I like the quality for pictures.

Enjoy your day :)

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue as lindalis1 told.

I made some listings with the function "quick fill".

In ENGLISH version, everything is ok.

But in ANY OTHER LANGUAGE appears the description of the item that I duplicated.
( I don't talk about translations, but about the english text that should show up with every language setting of marketplace.)

This bug was originally published in Jira BUG-228270 https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-228270 and it should be "solved".

Indeed, it's NOT SOLVED.

As I could not find a jira to this bug, I created a new one https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-228530

Edited by Leonorah Beverly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good gosh this is frustrating.  Still happening of course.  It takes soooooooo much time to put up even a single new or edited item ad that it makes it no fun at all to do it.  I cannot ignore the other what is it six language tabs, because using Quick Fill for a "blue" item, will show "Blue" in the other languages ads but the customer will e.g. receive a bag with a "grey" item. 

This Jira shows no assigned priority?  eww, eww, ask me ask me!  

Somewhat afraid to admit to myself that I have a list of open issues (not minor, and not just my own), and am confused as to what is priority?  Perhaps it is just me and I am being grumpy, it wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. That's what copy/paste and editing all those tabs in MP ads will do to a person 🤔

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.