Fairly odd...

SatanTM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, my name is Pharaoh.

I've only been actively on SL for about 3-4 months but I'm looking to meet more people. I have tended to drift to more urban areas, but conversation usually lacks there. I figured, there must be forums and alas! I found them.

I guess to get a feel of who I am, look into my instagram: here or my poetry page: words

I am a poet, a recluse, and sometimes a fool. 

Introduce yourself? Or anything? I don't know.

16 hours ago, SatanTM said:

I guess to get a feel of who I am, look into my instagram: here or my poetry page: words

I'm happy to hear you have been active 3-4 months, most new users don't last that long because they don't understand this platform.

So here's some lights: This is Second Life, it's is own world and it has its own culture.

You probably noticed most people don't make good use of their 1st Life tab (commonly known as RL tab) or post anything to their social media in their profiles. There is nothing wrong if you do, but it's not something common to do and most people will prefer to share that kinda stuff in a case by case basis.

Don't try to ask anyone you just meet anything regarding their life, age, where are they from and other things like that, general rule questions like these are meet with austerity.

Your avatar is of massive importance. It is your projection on this virtual world and it will tell a lot about yourself, for its looks alone you may or may not get a reply to a message you might send someone.

Don't limit yourself to the places you think you'd like to visit, you'll be amazed the kinda people you can come across in places you never imagined, you can have a look at the destination guide, type in random stuff on search or just open the world map and pick a random place to go to.

If you get a chance to read a tutorial, read it. Odds are there is still a lot more to learn than you thought, you might have also heard some SL myths that aren't true at all, don't believe everything you hear in the wind.

Same here. Was on pretty regularly when I started....late sep 2019 and really had no luck making any connections. Just jumped back on out of boredom and trying to find friends and things to do. I have the most fun at clubs dancing but most people there already have their friends. 😩 

On 2/16/2020 at 10:19 PM, SatanTM said:

Introduce yourself? Or anything? I don't know.

think i'm not the only one.. but when seeing your name, already 25 - 50% of my interest would be gone, of course it doesn't have to mean something, but reading further on your profile... it does.
You start about religion... thats also again a 25% loss of interest.
"do not add me" "sex addition" ... there goes the little remains of interest....
You'r perhaps a Limited Edition, rare, but also matching friends are harder to find.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.