TIPJAR MALIFUNCTION

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Somebody is gonna have fun with this one. I might even try to dredge up an old profile-picture-grabbing script myself the next time I logon, but I'm kinda hoping somebody remembers how that works and what might go wrong.

I do notice that the pictures in your About page ( https://my.secondlife.com/sexydawn.blinker/#about_tab ) don't seem to "click to zoom" even though the mouse hovertips say they will... and other avatars' profiles do. It's that "Real World Profile Picture" that's appearing on the tipjar, right? (If it's showing a whole different picture, then it's hopeless, nobody will ever figure it out before the machines take over.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

They zoom for me, Qie.

Huh. They still don't zoom for me, not in Chrome, Edge, or even the in-world CEF browser -- although they work just fine in the viewer (Catznip) Profile View.

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

A LSL script doesn't return your 2nd life profile pic

Huh again. This wiki script fetched the correct picture when I forced it to use @sexydawn Blinker's UUID (which is "cacb42db-4573-4d55-9613-a1005ebb5083", sparing an llRequestUserKey). That script hasn't had a substantive change since 2012. Of course, scraping html is never ideal, but I guess it would be interesting to see what's different about scripts that do not fetch this profile pic. Or we could stare at the html and try to guess what they do wrong.

I suppose somebody should confirm this in case I'm getting irreproducible results again, but I'm thinking if the wiki script works, it's the tipjar script that needs fixing, not the profile.

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Huh again. This wiki script fetched the correct picture when I forced it to use @sexydawn Blinker's UUID (which is "cacb42db-4573-4d55-9613-a1005ebb5083", sparing an llRequestUserKey).

hmmm! when I posted 8 hours ago I tested with the same script using the same UUID.  GetProfilePic( (key) "cacb42db-4573-4d55-9613-a1005ebb5083" );

then it returned a grayscale RL image of OP. Which was not the color image on their 2nd life profile and not the same as their 1st life pic

i just ran the same script again. It now returns the color image as it should, like you say

while it does take a while for profile changes to propagate across the various systems. Am not sure why it would take somewhere between 5 and 11 hours to do so. OP post 13 hours ago.  My LSL test 8 hours ago. Your LSL test 1-2 hour ago. My second LSL test now to confirm your test

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 1

The World API (why did "za warudo" pop in my mind...) can take 15 minutes to 16 hours to update with any change in data with the supported categories.

I use it to monitor group member count changes in one group of mine, which is a PITA since the alternative relies on using "questionable" bot programs and an always-logged account.

We really need group owner level scripted access to group data, not to mention scripted group invite capability.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.