Viewer Release 6.4.0.534193 (64bit)

Gregorian Chant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see that EEP has come to the latest viewer update.  I managed to figure out how to import the old CalWL windlight to EEP and noticed it doesn't look the same.  It's as if my face is in permanent camera flash, regardless of the amount of number tinkering.

This is how the CalWL windlight looks in Firestorm:

normalWL.thumb.png.09a3bad5a76ac0781a7687ccfd9b8d6e.png

And this is how the same windlight looks with the Linden viewer.  The sliders in Atmosphere Lighting, Clouds, and Sun Moon tabs do nothing.  I can't seem to make that harsh face lighting go away. 😭

waaahhhh.thumb.png.f50ee553d7f2dfb2f545d41f750bb0a0.png

Apparently I haz a major case of teh dum.  I'm open to any suggestions.

2 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

While it might be you, I doubt it. The EEP thread has been filled with complaints for-e-ver.    The best you can probably do is to find "something" (she says hopefully) that you can live with.   Personally I knew this day was coming eventually.   While I can stave off mandatory EEP for awhile with Firestorms three viewer rule, I successfully downloaded Black Dragon yesterday (I guess my ESP was working) which I BELIEVE is going to ignore EEP?  Fix EEP?    @NiranV Dean    That may or may not be true so poking the maker.  You know those rumors.   

There is of course a possibility that the Firestorm folks will find a workaround as they are so VERY GOOD.  Fingers crossed.  

Meanwhile this is a new and newsy thread on Black Dragon.   I see a learning experience coming on LOL.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I see that EEP has come to the latest viewer update.  I managed to figure out how to import the old CalWL windlight to EEP and noticed it doesn't look the same.  It's as if my face is in permanent camera flash, regardless of the amount of number tinkering.

This is how the CalWL windlight looks in Firestorm:

normalWL.thumb.png.09a3bad5a76ac0781a7687ccfd9b8d6e.png

And this is how the same windlight looks with the Linden viewer.  The sliders in Atmosphere Lighting, Clouds, and Sun Moon tabs do nothing.  I can't seem to make that harsh face lighting go away. 😭

waaahhhh.thumb.png.f50ee553d7f2dfb2f545d41f750bb0a0.png

You were given the release candidate version - that's not the standard default viewer and the EEP release candidate isn't finished - that's a three-week-old build with known issues. Go to "Preferences - Setup," untick "Willing to update to release candidates" and download the main version.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

You were given the release candidate version - that's not the standard default viewer and the EEP release candidate isn't finished - that's a three-week-old build with known issues. Go to "Preferences - Setup," untick "Willing to update to release candidates" and download the main version.

I don't have the "willing to update to release candidates'' ticked, yet I got this viewer automatically loaded, on log in.

12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

While it might be you, I doubt it. The EEP thread has been filled with complaints for-e-ver.    The best you can probably do is to find "something" (she says hopefully) that you can live with.   Personally I knew this day was coming eventually.   While I can stave off mandatory EEP for awhile with Firestorms three viewer rule, I successfully downloaded Black Dragon yesterday (I guess my ESP was working) which I BELIEVE is going to ignore EEP?  Fix EEP?    @NiranV Dean    That may or may not be true so poking the maker.  You know those rumors.   

There is of course a possibility that the Firestorm folks will find a workaround as they are so VERY GOOD.  Fingers crossed.  

Meanwhile this is a new and newsy thread on Black Dragon.   I see a learning experience coming on LOL.   

Whether i'm going to ignore it or not depends on its state when released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.