slink demo feet are invisible

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to use slink demo feet with my belleza jake body just to see what would happen. I would love to be able to wear heels... But everytime I try to put them on they just don't show up. I went into the belleza jake hud and selected 'slink fit' for the feet options. i equipped them. i had the hud open. but the feet just won't show up. i had a friend who had the same problem with her avatar. idk what one she was wearing, or how she fixed it, but i'd like to try to use them. why aren't they showing up? i am wearing a bake on mesh skin even and it says that's what you should wear...

5 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Just a stupid guess: did you also try the SLink HUD to try and blend them in?

yes I equipped the hud but I didn't do anything with blend since they weren't showing up but I'll try that now. it literally just looked like no feet cut off at the ankles. they showed up when i accidentally dragged them onto the floor with that weird yellow color and writing (i'm guessing it has to do with Bom) but not on my body

edit:

i don't know what happened but now a foot is showing up. just ONE foot. and I don't know how to put the other one on. I am activating both of them in the HUD, which is, for some reason, different than it was earlier but it is now the only HUD i can find.

It is also not using baked on mesh ...it is using standard skin. so how do I fix THAT?

Edited by Rumancekk

24 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

i don't know what happened but now a foot is showing up. just ONE foot. and I don't know how to put the other one on. I am activating both of them in the HUD, which is, for some reason, different than it was earlier but it is now the only HUD i can find.

Slink demos only have one foot. You have to buy the full package to get the other one.

I don't know for certain, but I think the separate feet are not bakes-on-mesh ready out of the box (unlike the full body). If that's the case, you'll need a Bakes on Mesh installer for the slink feet. There might be a free one in the store but if there isn't, you'll need to buy an Omega relay for Slink, plus a Bakes on Mesh installer for Omega.

However, there is no way to get female slink feet to fit male mesh bodies. The point where they would join... doesn't. The female ones are much narrower.

Mental note taken: get redeliveries on the m-alts and check the current setup.

SLink has their own FAQ for the Redux version and BOM - see here. Plus, Nalates has it also covered in a blog post.

But overall, for your intentions, have you considered working with the Maitreya body and the V-Tech add-on? Belleza is quite on the bulkier side of all available bodies, it's not so easy to tone it down that much...

• Like 1

Right now solving the problem is confusing. The mix of BOM and non-BOM really complicates whether you have to have an alpha layer on or off and which ones.

I suggest if the feet aren't showing, try changing your alpha layers. Just take them ALL off. If the feet show up then sort out which alphas to use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.