What generates "Could not find object" message?

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm getting the error channel message:

[11:39] Testi - NPC trainee  14.0: Could not find object ''.

That's a new one, not on the list of known script run-time errors.

It's being triggered by my scripts, but which LSL call can generate that?

For what it's worth, it's happening during startup, after script reset, as my scripts are sending link messages to find each other and hook up. I used to have all the scripts in one prim, but I'm converting to a system where they're in several prims, for ease of modification. So it probably has something to do with inter-prim communications.

(Somebody got this message back in 2008, but the archived posting doesn't answer the question.)

Edited by animats

Without knowing more than what you have said, my first guess is that llMessageLinked is trying to send a message to a link that it cannot identify, although I would have expected the attempt to simply fail silently in that case.  If you look at the caveat notes for that function, you'll see that there are several cautions about caps of one sort of another.  I suppose it's possible that the system is complaining because you have been sending too many messages too fast.  Even my more ambitious scripts have rarely hit one of those caps, and I have never seen a message like yours, but I guess there's always a first time. 

6 hours ago, animats said:

I'm getting the error channel message:

[11:39] Testi - NPC trainee  14.0: Could not find object ''.

That's a new one, not on the list of known script run-time errors.

It's being triggered by my scripts, but which LSL call can generate that?

For what it's worth, it's happening during startup, after script reset, as my scripts are sending link messages to find each other and hook up. I used to have all the scripts in one prim, but I'm converting to a system where they're in several prims, for ease of modification. So it probably has something to do with inter-prim communications.

(Somebody got this message back in 2008, but the archived posting doesn't answer the question.)

"Could not find object ''." is typical of rez failure due to object not existing in inventory.

2 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

"Could not find object ''." is typical of rez failure due to object not existing in inventory.

That makes sense, except that this set of scripts doesn't rez anything. More on this later.

(Can't go in-world right now; broadband outage.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.