UniQue Serrao

Inventory items can't be found.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For 2 days I have been able to log in, but no matter what I'm wearing, it tells me it can't be found.  I have http inventory enabled but I'm still a cloud as nothing is shown as in the database.  What can I do?

8 answers to this question

Most likely you are missing a skin shape or hair for the orange issue. Hopefully you don't have the faulty New Shirt or New Pants  Check with the groups at Helping Haven or Happy Hipsters. For a temporary fix you could try one or more of the freebie shops for hair, skin and shape until you get your inventory issue fixed. If I knew your style preferences could send a recommendation or some stores  names. And if I see you in world, I can send some classic items or whatever mesh I can find. 

30 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Start here:  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory   The Firestorm support crew has written a very helpful and comprehensive guide and instructions about how to diagnose and deal with inventory loss.

Everything is showing up in my inventory and I just recently wore what I'm currently wearing (body and skin only).  I was able to change to the new baphonet goat on another viewer however singularity is not connecting to the database for some reason.

In that case, the easy solution is to use a different viewer -- one that does work for you. It's possible that your installation of Singularity has been corrupted, so you may want to consider reinstalling it.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

In that case, the easy solution is to use a different viewer -- one that does work for you. It's possible that your installation of Singularity has been corrupted, so you may want to consider reinstalling it.

Not only have I reinstalled that, I have recently reinstalled linux on that pc and that's when my problems began.   The problem is,  because of the packager for most linux viewers is using new toolchain and GCC++ libs, the newer viewer builds just won't work on my pc.

Well I finally stopped getting the 'item <xyz> not in database, however, I'm still a cloud.  Wearing a 'bald cap' still hasn't fixed the cloud issue.  Everything is showing in inventory.

There are four items, minimum, which an avatar must always wear:  shape, skin, eyes, and system hair (also called a baldy, or bald cap).  You should first remove or detach all other things your avatar is wearing.  When you are down to these four (if your avatar is still a cloud), then replace each one, one at a time, with another item of the same type by using the Wear command.

If, after this, you are still a cloud, the issue is not with your avatar's appearance, but with either your internet connection or your PC.

The cloud issue is bake fail.  If it's persistent, you have a connection issue.  Try restarting both your router and your modem  (unplug them from the power for a minute and then replug)..  Avoid using a wifi connection if you can.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.