How to get a private space in SL? Confused!

emilymorgana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this is covering ground already discussed elsewhere, but I have read around and am still confused...

I am relatively new to SL and would like a private space. Just something simple like a low-prim skybox that I can change in, chill out in, and bring people back to (adult).

Ideally I would like to buy, as I hate subscriptions/rents (non-assets that, no matter how much you spend on them, disappear as soon as you stop paying) and I don't have a Premium account due to that either. If the rent is VERY cheap I would consider it. If a Premium subscription is REALLY necessary to get the best arrangement then I suppose I'll do it. But really I would like to just buy something outright that lets me have a simple space that is mine.

Of course I also need the right permissions where I go: Skybox (don't mind how high so long as I can ignore my neighbours while in it), some prims (100 would be fine honestly) so I can have my own space and not a pre-designed one, and Adult in private spaces. I'm not 100% sure where I can get those things? (Mainland or no? Is Premium necessary for Mainland? Idk)

Any advice on how to get this would be very much appreciated.

1 hour ago, emilymorgana said:

Sorry if this is covering ground already discussed elsewhere, but I have read around and am still confused...

I am relatively new to SL and would like a private space. Just something simple like a low-prim skybox that I can change in, chill out in, and bring people back to (adult).

Ideally I would like to buy, as I hate subscriptions/rents (non-assets that, no matter how much you spend on them, disappear as soon as you stop paying) and I don't have a Premium account due to that either. If the rent is VERY cheap I would consider it. If a Premium subscription is REALLY necessary to get the best arrangement then I suppose I'll do it. But really I would like to just buy something outright that lets me have a simple space that is mine.

Of course I also need the right permissions where I go: Skybox (don't mind how high so long as I can ignore my neighbours while in it), some prims (100 would be fine honestly) so I can have my own space and not a pre-designed one, and Adult in private spaces. I'm not 100% sure where I can get those things? (Mainland or no? Is Premium necessary for Mainland? Idk)

Hi Emily and welcome to SL.

Unfortunately the ONLY way to have land in SL is in having to pay a subscription/rent. I would suggest renting as it gives a great deal of flexibility and no initial purchase price, AND is very low cost with the requirements you’ve outlined.

Some landlords already have skyboxes in situ that you can then decorate, and some just have land parcels on both mainland and private regions that you can place your own building. Usually they will have some indication as to what restrictions they have in relation to skybox height etc. You could very easily get a place that would enable you to have a prim allowance of 100 for L$100 per week. One of the oldest rental businesses can provide a parcel/skybox for less than that where the skybox doesn’t count against your allowance and you even get a discount for paying 4 weekly.

If you decide to change your account to Premium, you can hold up to 1024 sqm of land (351 prim allowance) without paying anything other than your premium subscription and you’ll get the other premium benefits too. However, you WILL have to pay an initial purchase price for the land from the current owner unless you opt for a Linden Home. The LH building doesn’t count against your allowance in this case, but only the new (and at the moment very scarce due to demand) Linden Home continent Bellisseria allows skyboxes above 2000m. The much more available old areas do not allow skyboxes.

Good luck with tour search, and if you have any difficulty in finding rental businesses drop me an IM in world and I’ll send you some details of some I use/have used.

• Like 1

I pay rent on a small parcel with 50 prims, 180L/month. I'm going to be unhelpful and not specify where as I don't care to advertise, but mainland is cheap.

Private land aside, Premium is actually very well priced if you were willing to pay for a full year (which is a big ask, I know), as the free land and the weekly lindens you get pretty much pay themselves back.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:18 PM, emilymorgana said:

Ideally I would like to buy, as I hate subscriptions/rents (non-assets that, no matter how much you spend on them, disappear as soon as you stop paying) and I don't have a Premium account due to that either.

If you can afford premium it's worth it. if you want mainland you buy it, you own it LL is your landlord so unless you stop paying or give up the land it wont go anywhere. if you rent off another resident you have to rely on them paying LL or you'll loose your land. There's no way of buying any land outright with out having to pay initial buy price and a reoccurring premium fee + monthly tier if you go over 1024sqm mainland or weekly rent to another person

On 11/3/2019 at 11:18 PM, emilymorgana said:

I run skybox hotels it's in my picks :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.