Do you listen to customers?

Cinos Field

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello merchants!

I often IM/notecard creators about problems with their products. For example, this jacket clips through itself on the rig for this specific body, and here's screenshot to illustrate. Or here's a glitch in the scripts and here's how to reproduct it, that kind of thing.

And I get mixed reactions. Sometimes creators get right to work and push out a fixed version almost immediately. Sometimes they respond that they'll fix it, but never do. And sometimes there's no response.

It's similar when I recommend features, for example the ability to delete color change scripts in clothes. Sometimes it gets added, sometimes they'll toss me a script free version to tide me over, sometimes it never gets added.

So as a topic of general discussion, how about you, forum-going creators? How much do you appreciate customer feedback? Are you willing to fix things if only one person has reported a problem? Or add simple features if someone wants them?

I'll not judge, I can, I suppose, understand just not having the time to go back to fix products that were already released.

Edited by Cinos Field

Those who actually care about any business in their SL will always communicate with their customers, especially in terms of support and also always appreciate feedback and even implement ideas if it's feasible to do so. As for the "creators at large": 95% of all those with a selling "business" in SL are not business-people. They don't have a clue, most are "build it and they will come" mindset, others are of the attitude that "it is what it is, I have your money so I'm not doing anything else about it."

As for products already released, I speak for myself, if you find a problem with it and it is found to be a genuine problem (and not something specific to your experience) then I will go back a fix it as quickly as possible. Because that's just good service. And good service will earn good word-of-mouth,. And good word-of-mouth is where 75% of all sales come from; even if that word of mouth is only a review on market place.

• Like 2

I think it's not much different from RL shopping. Some listen. Some don't.

As a merchant, for more years than I care to remember, I have created items based upon feedback, changed perms, or added elements based upon customer response and feedback. I have had to revise two items in all those years  to fix something that was broken in some way and gave a giftcard to the first person to tell me and then updated and redelivered the fixed item inside 48-hours. 

My bottom line is, I provide the customer experience I would want others to provide. If I dont' get it good service I simply vote with my L$ as I am sure most of us do.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:17 PM, Cinos Field said:

Are you willing to fix things if only one person has reported a problem?

If they contact me in-world, definitely yes.

I do try to help those who post complaints as reviews or even as comments on my profile too but I don't read those every month so when I notice, it's usually too late.

The only exception are my simple 4 L$ plants. The description cleary states that they are intended as background and filelr items and if people can't be bothered to read it, it's their problem, not mine.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:17 PM, Cinos Field said:

I'll not judge, I can, I suppose, understand just not having the time to go back to fix products that were already released.

Well, I may actually give a refund instead of a fix in such cases.

Edited by ChinRey

If they say a product has a bug, you get a muppet account and test it out, if the problem is there fix it of course or make it known on the product page when you can't.

Usually people have legit concerns, sometimes you do get a very rare one or two that talk out of their rear end and forgot to wear group tag so the product doesn't work on their land and they don't want to admit they were wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had complaints that my mushroom shop has too many mushrooms, so it depends on the feedback. If it's that something is not working, I'd fix it. For general opinions, it'd likely be something I'd keep in mind for future products, rather than changing a current product.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.