Resolved

Arwen Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I wake up and see that the grid is functioning, yay!, so I log in.  The message "cannot remove protected categories" appears and my inventory is MIA.  This happens on both the LL Viewer and Firestorm.  I log in on Cool VL viewer and my inventory is all there, but I have 2 inventories: the one with my assets, and a second one that is essentially phantom.  It contains a couple items that I'm wearing (Slink body and Firestorm bridge - everything else that I'm wearing is in my main inventory), so I try to move them up to my main (and populated) inventory - they won't move, but they will copy.  So yes, I did a complete uninstall, clean reinstall with the same missing inventory result.  Weird thing is - I have two inventories on my main (Arwen), but only one (the populated one) on my store alt.  So I don't know how to correct the missing inventory on Firestorm and LL Viewer and get rid of the phantom inventory on Cool VL.  Any ideas about how to sort this would be welcome!

Second issue - anything that I had rezzed yesterday just before the outage changed permissions.  Things that were copy only turned full perm.  Rather distressing.  My inventory (on Cool VL) and anything I had rezzed in the past held the correct permissions.  So even though I can and did change the permissions back, something certainly borked and others should just check in case it has happened to them.

edited to add: perhaps this thread belongs in the server section of the technology forum rather than viewer. 

edited to add: I think it is the issue in this thread: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/431400-protected-categories-error-message/   I've submitted a support ticket requesting assistance.

Edited by Arwen Serpente

After 1 week having trouble to logging in, I finally managed to log in normally .... until this morning u.u
Now I log in, and my avatar is stopped, does not walk, does not fly, does nothing ... I can even change region, but after a few minutes I am logged out!
I saw some people on facebook saying they can't log in either, in different countries! I'm in Brazil!

https://gyazo.com/34952808856b3d0bf4747e9ba92ffbe3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.