Protected categories error message

chibiusa Ling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had this happen on one of my accounts on Aditi.
Here is the JIRA issue I filed: BUG-225122 - [Aditi] Inventory issues on Aditi only: Lots of inventory moved into Lost & Found, "You cannot remove protected categories" message every login, bad inventory requests for "Cannot change parent_id"

My Aditi inventory was busted on that account (probably with a bad sync over).
If I were you, I'd contact LL support or maybe even go straight to a JIRA issue, to get your inventory checked & hopefully fixed.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I had this happen on one of my accounts on Aditi.
Here is the JIRA issue I filed: BUG-225122 - [Aditi] Inventory issues on Aditi only: Lots of inventory moved into Lost & Found, "You cannot remove protected categories" message every login, bad inventory requests for "Cannot change parent_id"

My Aditi inventory was busted on that account (probably with a bad sync over).
If I were you, I'd contact LL support or maybe even go straight to a JIRA issue, to get your inventory checked & hopefully fixed.

Thanks for the response, iv submitted a ticket. Hopefully they can fix the issue for me :)

• Like 2

I am having a similar problem on Aditi. It is only happening to my primary avi. Every time I log on, I get the message: "You cannot remove protected categories." I can't see anything in my inventory that might prompt this. PLUS my avatar is invisible, including my body, my skin, and my clothing. All attachments are visible, however. I've tried putting on a complete SL avatar, replacing it with a simple outfit, uploading new textures while in Aditi, disabling hardware skinning, etc., etc., all to no avail. This behavior seems to be confined to just my Zann Canto avatar. My alts all seem to work normally. I'm guessing there's some glitch unique to this one avatar, so (having gone through all the bug reports I can find), I'm contacting support. However, if anyone has any brilliant suggestions, I'm listening.

P.S. Almost forgot. When I try to change my appearance, the screen does not display properly. See third image below

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 3.48.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 4.12.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 4.20.25 PM.png

On 1/1/2019 at 5:13 PM, Zann Canto said:

I am having a similar problem on Aditi. It is only happening to my primary avi. Every time I log on, I get the message: "You cannot remove protected categories." I can't see anything in my inventory that might prompt this. PLUS my avatar is invisible, including my body, my skin, and my clothing. All attachments are visible, however. I've tried putting on a complete SL avatar, replacing it with a simple outfit, uploading new textures while in Aditi, disabling hardware skinning, etc., etc., all to no avail. This behavior seems to be confined to just my Zann Canto avatar. My alts all seem to work normally. I'm guessing there's some glitch unique to this one avatar, so (having gone through all the bug reports I can find), I'm contacting support. <snip> When I try to change my appearance, the screen does not display properly.

Follow up on this problem. I did submit a support ticket. TJ Linden ran a fix on my inventory then recopied my avatar to Aditi. He asked me to clear my cache prior to relogging. The problem is fixed. No more error message. No more invisible avatar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

same is happening to me just did a ticket  to just  went  to a club and re logged and  poof this was happening Second Life: You cannot remove protected categories. and  i dont have my inventory  at all  as anyone find a  fix or i am  gonna have to wait for linden to   take the  ticket ?

I did the ticcket and got it fixed it was a issue it the inventory 

Edited by luis1007
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.