paying rent on mainland

MichaelTrenchcoat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, MichaelTrenchcoat said:

Hi, 

This maybe a bit of a stupid question, i haven't logged in in four years nearly, i have a premium account, and also land i bought on mainland......

My question is, how do i pay the rent for that land each week, and to who'm do i pay it?

you pay nobody :)

you'r premium, and the first 1024 sqm mainland you own are included in your subscription. You only pay the purchase price, and no additional costs.
As soon you go over the 1024 sqm a new tier level pops in and you start paying more automaticly to Linden Lab themself.
( the list below is for additional land owner at the mainland, added to the first  1024 sqm)

https://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php

• Like 3

@MichaelTrenchcoat

If you are a Premium member and not logging in very often...two things will happen, and maybe a third.

1. Your Premium dues will be collected by LL.  Your membership, whether monthly, quarterly, or annually, renews automatically, and LL charges your registered payment method
  2. If you own more than 1024 sq m of mainland, you will automatically be charged a monthly tier fee, as Alwin says.  (Note:  If you own a Linden Home, it counts as 512 sq. m. of your free 1024.  The new Linden Homes, which were introduced last summer, count as 1024.)
  3. If your payment method can't be charged (you go over your limit, your PayPal account runs out of money, your card expires), LL notes that you are "in arrears."  If they can't collect from you in a reasonable amount of time, your account may be cancelled.  For this reason, it is a VERY good idea to make sure your payment method is current.  Or, if you know you will not use SL for a long time, get rid of your Mainland and downgrade your Premium account to a free Basic account.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MichaelTrenchcoat said:

Hi, 

This maybe a bit of a stupid question, i haven't logged in in four years nearly, i have a premium account, and also land i bought on mainland......

My question is, how do i pay the rent for that land each week, and to who'm do i pay it?

Per the info that Lindal gave you, if you haven't tried to log back in yet, you might find your account locked.  If your account goes into payment arrears, that will be the first step that LL takes.  If you find that to be the case, you'll need to contact LL to clear it up.  Try Live Chat, if that is still available to you.  Otherwise, you'll have to open a Support ticket.

By virtue of the fact that you were able to create this forum account, your SL account has not been cancelled, even if it was locked due to non-payment of anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.