Minimap

Stef Jigsaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

It's a feature in Firestorm and perhaps other viewers. Sometimes it gets confused and cams to the wrong location. Once it does it continues to show the avatar that location on the minimap though it's not there. I think that leaving the region then coming back resets it, but that was a test I tried a long time ago. The bug usually sends my camera to <0,0,0>. In my case that's fine, because I use the feature to work on things at ground level when I'm on my build platform (at 3300 meters). I just need to get my camera to ground level, then I can cam to whatever I want to work on. (Yeah, I'm lazy.)

On 10/1/2019 at 2:11 PM, Stef Jigsaw said:

When i use cam in minimap to see another avi it sends me on random position like i was teleporting myself

If you double-click on the minimap it will teleport you to that location. I believe you can change this feature in settings. So you either are double-clicking and not realizing it, our your mouse or trackpad may be getting wonky or have double-click settings too sensitive.

For other readers: All viewers allow you to "Zoom" onto other avatars from the "Radar" in the "People" widget (right click a name and choose Zoom.) Though, Firestorm allows you to right-click a green dot on minimap and choose "Cam" from the pop-up menu for the same thing. Because Firestorm is all about voyeurism and spying on others.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.