Adding Information Text to EVERY Listing

TsioSan Ruby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to have a paragraph (or more) of text that appears on EVERY listing, without typing (or pasting) every time you create one?

Is it possible to add one to a a BATCH of existing listings without overwriting the information in the existing listings?

Thank you.

TsioSan Ruby

13 hours ago, TsioSan Ruby said:

I pretty much figured that out. I also learned that if you try to add text to the "Keywords" box in a batch mode, it overwrites and DELETES the text in the "Description" Box....so THAT isn't a good idea either.

That's really interesting to know and important to keep in mind. Thank you!

11 hours ago, TsioSan Ruby said:

Yes... That is what started me on this quest. I would like to be able to put a "blurb" on each listing...just a simple paragraph that describes my store. One not connected to the content of the listing.

Oh yes, please!!!

And while we're at it, how about grouped listings with standard text blurbs to be added to everything in a specific group? And how about content (landmark and such) that is automatically added to all listings?

However, before we start arguing too strongly for such new features, as attractive as they may seem at first glace, we have to ask one crucial question: How are they going to be abused?

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2019 at 4:22 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

I would really like if listings could have a common footer or something.

Marketplace does have a "store page" for each merchant, but it's just a banner above the item listings. You can add profile text, policies, and a blog link. So there's a place to put such info, but it's not displayed in a place where the customer is likely to read it.

A nice touch for merchant pages would be a current picture of the inworld store, taken by some LL server once a week or so. Then you could see if the store was still there, and what it looked like. More people would look at the merchant page if it had more to look at. Merchants should be able to offer a video or two.

Edited by animats

On 9/27/2019 at 9:44 PM, animats said:

Marketplace does have a "store page" for each merchant, but it's just a banner above the item listings. You can add profile text, policies, and a blog link. So there's a place to put such info, but it's not displayed in a place where the customer is likely to read it.

A nice touch for merchant pages would be a current picture of the inworld store, taken by some LL server once a week or so. Then you could see if the store was still there, and what it looked like. More people would look at the merchant page if it had more to look at. Merchants should be able to offer a video or two.

Eek, but my store is not very attractive from the outside!  It IS still there though, so that's something!

5 hours ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

Eek, but my store is not very attractive from the outside!  It IS still there though, so that's something!

Optionally, merchants could add a viewpoint SLURL to the regular landmark SLURL. The picture then gets taken from the viewpoint SLURL looking towards the landmark SLURL. If you don't specify a viewpoint, the picture-taker bot gets to pick. Maybe use the closest point on a Linden road if there's one nearby, otherwise an oblique view from above that shows the whole parcel. That way, all existing stores with SLURLs would get a default picture. The merchant could change the viewpoint if they don't like the default.

It would up the value of having an in-world store, and tie Marketplace closer to the world.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.