Difficulty naming folders

Brieanna Juliesse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can anyone tell me what to do about trying to name or rename a folder, when you click on it and it highlights for a split second or not at all, and then I'll have to click and re-click on the folder several more times just to get it to stay highlighted and stable long enough for me to type even th tiniest word.  This only happens in SL, and only when I am in my Inventory, and it's been going on for nearly a year now.  I asked Linden Labs for help and Firestorm as well, but so far either they don't understand my issue, or they just don't know how to help me.... Somebody out there, please HELP?!

6 answers to this question

Ok.  So I click on a "New Folder" to rename it, say for example, "Essenz Shoes". Nothing happens.  Because, the box where one types, highlights for only a second and then close\s back down, where I am having to click on the folder repeatedly just to get it to stay open for any decent amount of time.  Often, I give up and move on.  However, this makes my organization of my Inventory folders very very difficult.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?   I've had this inconvenient problem for at least 3 years, or more.  And couldn't even get Linden Labs to help me with this.

24 minutes ago, Brieanna Juliesse said:

Ok.  So I click on a "New Folder" to rename it, say for example, "Essenz Shoes". Nothing happens.  Because, the box where one types, highlights for only a second and then close\s back down, where I am having to click on the folder repeatedly just to get it to stay open for any decent amount of time.  Often, I give up and move on.  However, this makes my organization of my Inventory folders very very difficult.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?   I've had this inconvenient problem for at least 3 years, or more.  And couldn't even get Linden Labs to help me with this.

does this happen with the standard Linden viewer?  Does it happen with another viewer not Firestorm ?

suggest that you try other viewers. If the problem persists with different viewers is most likely something to do with your mouse

like when you right click and choose Rename then the mouse sends two mouse clicks when you select Rename from the menu. The first click on Rename puts it into edit mode. A second click is then also sent to the viewer which closes the edit mode

i am not a expert on setting up mouse but usually there is a way to adjust the time delay between mouse clicks, which might be a way to fix your issue. In your mouse setup try different time delays for the mouse buttons and see what happens

Molly, Thank you. You are a dream!!!! in 3 years you have been the only one who's even taken my issue seriously.  And your suggestion for a fix makes total sense to me, go figure!!!!

I just wanted to thank you so much, and to let you know, I appreciate you.  Take care and stay well and safe!!!!!   ~Brieanna

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.