Control Panel message?

Sylvia Tamalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, this is new, and I'm wondering if anyone else has ever seen it. The control panel in my alt's houseboat has a little red floating text message that says "Rez2 Unpaired". My alt rezzed a new copy of the houseboat, but the text is still there. The control panel seems to be working just fine, though! @Quartz Mole and @Dyna Mole, have you run across this before, maybe? 

(Why do I always find stuff after Live Chat closes for the day? lol)

14 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

That's a new one on me, certainly.    Are you sure that's where it's from?   @Dyna Mole scripted the control panel, so she could say for sure, but I'm reasonably familiar with it and there's nothing there I remember that would put up hovertext messages like that.

If I cam in real close, it seems to be connected to two small white cubes inside the panel, although I suppose they could be inside the wall itself. 

• Moles

Hmmm.. That's not one of my diagnostic messages.  I doubt that it's coming from the control panel.  One way to be sure is to simple rez a new copy of the same house.  It will replace the current one exactly, complete with your color choices.  You may need to re-enter your access list, but that's all.   Anyway, if you do that, the control panel will be new too.  If you still get the message, then you know it's not from the control panel.

• Like 1

I just  now had a chance to log back on and inspect it very closely, and I was wrong about the source. It only looked like it was part of the control panel, but actually is part of an add on I have in the house boat. Sorry about that! Thanks for the quick replies! 

That's a standard message from the newest version of Caspartech's rez_free, rez_2.  I think it means there's an item that was rezzed and still has the rezzer script in it, but the rezzer has been deleted.  Have you cammed outside to see if it's really inside the boat, and not coming from someone else's addon?  Hovertext sources can be elusive.

Edited by Nika Talaj
Eta: aha!

• Moles
1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I just  now had a chance to log back on and inspect it very closely, and I was wrong about the source. It only looked like it was part of the control panel, but actually is part of an add on I have in the house boat. Sorry about that! Thanks for the quick replies! 

Cool.  Glad you found it, Sylvia.  :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

That's a standard message from the newest version of Caspartech's rez_free, rez_2.  I think it means there's an item that was rezzed and still has the rezzer script in it, but the rezzer has been deleted.  Have you cammed outside to see if it's really inside the boat, and not coming from someone else's addon?  Hovertext sources can be elusive.

Aha, indeed, because that is exactly what I discovered. I had gotten clever (or so I thought) earlier today and swapped out just part of the add-on without rezzing the entire thing again, so I had a little orphan script looking for an anchor. I pulled it all up and rezzed a fresh new add-on, and all is well now. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.