Object return can be blocked?

Emanuelle Bury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't do this, but maybe this wiki article will help:

Some regions use encroachment as a feature, where large "public works" structures overlap privately owned parcels. To protect such content the encroachment returnability feature has been split between regular privately owned content and estate-content that is owned by the Estate Managers. The returnability of regular overlapping content can be enabled while blocking return of overlapping estate-content.

Apparently an Estate Manager must use the Sim Console to set it up.

EDIT: Note that this is about encroachment. I don't know how one would protect stuff rezzed directly on the renter's land. I'm not sure it's possible if they actually "own" the parcel, but I don't do Estates myself.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

• Moles
On 7/23/2019 at 9:44 PM, Fionalein said:

Try the Linden Homes approach - link everything to a root prim outside your renter's parcel.

Keep in mind objects owned by Lindens and Moles are "spechul", which is why you can return other people's encroaching objects but not ours. Unless "Allow Returning Encroaching Object" had been set to FALSE on the estate, the land owner can still return it. Which means if you turn that off, they won't be able to return other people's encroaching objects either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 3:46 PM, Emanuelle Bury said:

I have a question, someone know if we can block the object return when we are sim owner and we dont wanna have our decorations return by land renters?

We have thing to do for block object we dont wanna have return in our inventory by land renter?

When you create a group role for tenants, you can set the abilities of that role to where they can't return objects own or set to the group.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.