Dock returned

Adelaide Noelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I live on the water on Jamesborough, but my land ends before it touches the water. I used a root prim on my land to put out a dock (something super cute and not obstructive of the open water at all), but it was returned today. I didn't know that'd happen since those objects went against my land allowance. Is there nothing that can go there? I guess I just don't understand why it was returned if it wasn't obstructive and went against my own prim allowance. 

• Like 1

Even though you might have felt it was super cute and not obstructive, that might not have been the feeling of everyone else.  Additionally the covenant does say "Objects that extend outside of your parcel can be returned without warning or notice." 

With the population of Bellisseria, if everyone added objects that extended outside of their parcel into public land, the public land would quickly become a maze to travel through. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• Moles

Moira is correct. Nobody is going to get upset if a driveway extends a bit to the road or a bush overhangs a little. But people using root prims to hang things far outside their parcel (no matter how nice or unobtrusive) can quickly get out of hand if everyone begins doing it... and the first thing they will say is "how come that person can that person do it and not me?" 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

On 7/18/2019 at 2:51 PM, Adelaide Darkmatter said:

I live on the water on Jamesborough, but my land ends before it touches the water. I used a root prim on my land to put out a dock (something super cute and not obstructive of the open water at all), but it was returned today. I didn't know that'd happen since those objects went against my land allowance. Is there nothing that can go there? I guess I just don't understand why it was returned if it wasn't obstructive and went against my own prim allowance. 

This is covered in the COVENANT in the land tab, and also I believe when you claim your home. So would be good to read those.  I have a house sign out in front of my gate and it has been there for months with no issues. As Abnor says it isn't a "technical" thing but a USAGE thing and and following the covenant which says items off parcel MAY be returned.    

EDIT: It also says (last time I read anyway) that you are not supposed to put things outside your parcel that make it look "as though" the land in question is yours. Seems like you did that. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

This is covered in the COVENANT in the land tab, and also I believe when you claim your home. So would be good to read those.  I have a house sign out in front of my gate and it has been there for months with no issues. As Abnor says it isn't a "technical" thing but a USAGE thing and and following the covenant which says items off parcel MAY be returned.    

EDIT: It also says (last time I read anyway) that you are not supposed to put things outside your parcel that make it look "as though" the land in question is yours. Seems like you did that. 

OP already conceded that she made a mistake. 

Yesterday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, Adelaide Darkmatter said:

I would have loved to have seen that super-cute dock :) (If for nothing else, because mine are all straight and boring). But yeah, they 'reserve the right.' Maybe someone thought it interfered with their beach experience, maybe a Mole thought it kinda went against the landscaping, who knows? Sorry it happened to you, though, even though I may fully understand and respect why it happened (if that makes any sense).

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.