Decorating / Landscaping Suggestions

Talia Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All!   👋,  I need suggestions please.   I am trying to figure out how to incorporate these two pieces of fences into the landscaping.   They are of out of the permiter of course so I can not simply add too.   Any ideas of how to make it work and not look odd at the same time?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.   Thanks!    Taliaa1188606348_DecoQuestion_001.thumb.png.91f30c0b93be273cbedf59266820bff6.png

• Like 2

Do you have a prim limit, or a limit for how many LI you can use?

That same fence is in the decor pack in your Linden Home mailbox. It is short pieces, and they aren't so light in LI. But if you can use them for just that side, we can discuss options for the other sides, if you want fence/hedge/wall around all 4 sides.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SerraWeckerly said:

you can always make more fence so it makes more sense

The problem with that is that she'll either have to have fences that don't line up with the Mole provided ones or she'll have to have them outside her parcel, which may or may not ultimately get returned.

Given that, we  do know that the Covenant is a bit wishy-washy on the part about things outside your parcel.  So, @Nataliaa Choche, you could create an additional set of fences for the front section and link them to a root prim that you keep within your parcel boundaries, which would allow you to line them up with the Mole provided sections.  Then for the sides and back, keep the pieces inside your parcel.

However, as you now know, the fence pieces provided by the Moles are primmy compared to what you can get elsewhere.  So, maybe use their primmy pieces for a perfect match on the front and then maybe put in some bushes or something for the sides and or back, if you want to enclose the rest of the parcel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Do you have a prim limit, or a limit for how many LI you can use?

That same fence is in the decor pack in your Linden Home mailbox. It is short pieces, and they aren't so light in LI. But if you can use them for just that side, we can discuss options for the other sides, if you want fence/hedge/wall around all 4 sides.

hey, that's true  I didn't think about just trying it just across so it makes more sense to me visually.   I'm going to try that!  Thanks.   I haven't    decorated yet because that was really bothering my eyeballs   LOL  So theres that.  If I put it down and like it, I'll just have whatever's left prim wise to decorate.   Will be worth it if I can stop looking at the front thinking, "what's the matter with this picture?"   *laughing*  

18 minutes ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

hey, that's true  I didn't think about just trying it just across so it makes more sense to me visually.   I'm going to try that!  Thanks.   I haven't    decorated yet because that was really bothering my eyeballs   LOL  So theres that.  If I put it down and like it, I'll just have whatever's left prim wise to decorate.   Will be worth it if I can stop looking at the front thinking, "what's the matter with this picture?"   *laughing*  

Mix the fence stubs with something different. I think that is better than trying to get a similar fence.

Or you can check Teegle on the MP. Their white fence is super low LI. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Teegle-Bellisseria-Picket-Fence/17236615

It will be a visually different fence. You can use the Teegle Fence on the 3 long sides, to save LI. For the entrance, maybe use bushes like a natural hedge between the Linden fence and the sides with theTeegle Fence. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Swaying-Leafy-Bushes-Animated-Season-Change-XL-Bushes/13154950

I saw the Backyard Hedge from ROOTS in Apple Falls garden, and when it's found worthy to be there, it's good. It does not look good in the MP ad, so take a look at it inworld. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/l-ROOTS-l-Backyard-Hedge/14966698?page=2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CynicismSells said:

I have a similar issue with corner chunks of brick wall... it is what it is I guess. you'll figure it out. Or at least make it work for now until demand dies down and you can bounce from house to house for a bit.

I know.  I've been playing catch and release.  I really want a place on the edge of some water.   Just like a lot of us.  This one though if I derender the home in front of me, I can kinda see a stream    :)    Sorry neighbor.      And the more the Moles work on Bellisseria, the more beautiful their work becomes.    I feel like a kid on Christmas!   Like you just don't know what you will get!

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Mix the fence stubs with something different. I think that is better than trying to get a similar fence.

Or you can check Teegle on the MP. Their white fence is super low LI. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Teegle-Bellisseria-Picket-Fence/17236615

It will be a visually different fence. You can use the Teegle Fence on the 3 long sides, to save LI. For the entrance, maybe use bushes like a natural hedge between the Linden fence and the sides with theTeegle Fence. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Swaying-Leafy-Bushes-Animated-Season-Change-XL-Bushes/13154950

I saw the Backyard Hedge from ROOTS in Apple Falls garden, and when it's found worthy to be there, it's good. It does not look good in the MP ad, so take a look at it inworld. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/l-ROOTS-l-Backyard-Hedge/14966698?page=2

That's a good idea too!   I love Belli folks.  So kinda and always willing to share.   This is a community kindness movement.   Thanks y'all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

Much better…..ty all!!!   And I'm in love with these DDD bushes Marianne    They are lovely and 1 prim too?  Couldn't ask for more!

Taliaa

Deco Question_002.png

it looks so inviting now, the fences blend in with the foliage. Country garden style.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.