Marketplace wishlist..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

does anyone else miss the xstreet wishlist function?  
it just made purchasing things for others a lot easier (yes, i buy rezday gifts for my friends)  
Who else thinks the wishlist function should be added to the current marketplace?

or.. those of you with inside info.. know of any plans to add it back?

Ok.. maybe i just can't find it.. but i've definitely looked..

• Thanks 1

lol.. i don't think anyone needs a $2000L sex bed with 500 animations. pixel sex definitely isn't part of my sl experience anyway..

the wishlist was so that you could make a list of things you liked, and others could see it so if someone wanted to send you a gift, you didn't have to tell them what you wanted.. they could just pick from a list of stuff you already like.

it really only benefits people who like to give gifts.. but i have a relatively large group of people that i spend a lot of time with.. so i do gifts on a regular basis. you know, for birthdays and rezdays.. that sort of thing.  anyway.. that function would be really helpful to me... had just wondered if others had given it any thought.

• Thanks 1

I never used the wishlists but I can see that it's possibly a useful feature.  Don't shout too loudly for it though, please!  Before LL start messing-around adding things I'd like them to fix the things people are already having trouble with (re - Answers):

• Lots of failed deliveries, it seems
  • Even worse if multiple items are selected to cart
  • Even worse if buying for someone else

At the moment the advice is buy one thing at a time, for yourself and make sure you're ready in-world to accept delivery as soon as it comes through.

From that it seems that wishlists would have two problems (beyond the perils of failed delivery) - buying for someone else and they might not be in-world at the right time.

• 5 months later...

I would completely love to have a wishlist choice. For reasons people have said: Rezday, Gifts, Holidays, Anniversaries, and such. I would like to see what people want or need and be able to get them something. When you can not see what people already own it would be nice to surprise them with something they need with out asking them (which ruins the surprise). Thank you for your time.

~Fayette

• 1 year later...

Back in the olden days of Xstreet, there was a wishlist. However the powers that be decided that

'As of July 22, 2011, Wishlist support by Linden Lab has been deprecated for Second Life. You may choose to create a free personal wish list by going directly to wishpot.com.' ~ Read Wiki article here

Back in the olden days of Second Life, I would have said "File a Jira request. If enough people request a feature, LL will listen."

But that was in the olden days, when the gods heard our prayers.

• Thanks 1

Dahlia Shamen wrote:

does anyone else miss the xstreet wishlist function?  

it just made purchasing things for others a lot easier (yes, i buy rezday gifts for my friends)  

Who else thinks the wishlist function should be added to the current marketplace?

or.. those of you with inside info.. know of any plans to add it back?

Ok.. maybe i just can't find it.. but i've definitely looked..

I don't have any commentary on the wish list feature, having never used it, but after LL purchased Xstreet and changed it to The Marketplace, several useful features were removed.  There are regular posts/discussions on the Merchants Forum re: this issue. 

For now, though, as Peter mentioned, the MP is soooo messed up that just getting issues that have been broken since last Spring fixed would be wonderful.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.