A Pipe Dream

Marisa Starbrook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’m one of those people who spent most of my life wanting life to be fair. Of course, it isn’t. In my universe, everyone would have the Bellisseria themed home of their dreams. In my case, it would be a houseboat near green rolling hills. In the meantime, I was wondering, if the old Linden house regions could be moved to have Blake Sea access. I’m not suggesting everyone get their own dock—just a Rez Area and some waterways that connect to the Blake Sea. That would give the old communities a renewed cachet and perhaps ease the angst of waiting for a home on the new continent. What do you think, @Patch Linden? Is this idea totally out of the realm of possibility?

Edited by LuLu Starbrook
Corrected tag
  • Like 4

There are total of four separate old Linden home continents, each having vast number of regions in them. It would be very impractical to move all those continents to have connection to Blake Sea. The moving of those continents would be temporary anyway, the plan is to get rid of the old Linden home continents when there are enough new homes.

• Like 2

That's why I said it was a pipe dream. I looked at it as a way to appease the many people that got shut out of the new continent. Linden Lab had probably entertained that idea at some point, but it might have never been workable. It's all speculation on my part. I was lucky. I managed to get a house on Bellisseria after someone abandoned it. Still longing for a houseboat, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

That's why I said it was a pipe dream. I looked at it as a way to appease the many people that got shut out of the new continent. Linden Lab had probably entertained that idea at some point, but it might have never been workable. It's all speculation on my part. I was lucky. I managed to get a house on Bellisseria after someone abandoned it. Still longing for a houseboat, though.

I think your pipe dream, as you called it is really quite a thoughtful idea. It likely won't happen, true. But still, nice to see someone thinking a good thought that is beneficial for a community :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I also really like the idea, I just wish implementation of it wouldn't be as challenging.  As was pointed out, moving the regions would cause huge disruption, not only to those old Linden Homes regions themselves, but we'd also have to make room by relocating regions out of the way where I'd see them going.... and then some (I did look and think about it!).   Otherwise, this is why we're doing these sorts of things with the new continent as we continue to plan and build it out.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.