Sky/Day Cycle not applying correctly at region/estate level?

Yasyn Azemus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! I hope I am putting this in the right category.

I have managed the same region for quite some time now (about 3 years) and I have not had this problem until very recently.

I created a day cycle and attempted to assign it to the Region/Estate level. It looks correct in the preview when selected in the drop down menu. Once I click "Apply," I see the settings have changed, but it seems the haze or fog or distance multipliers are completely gone. So while the lighting is right, the depth is not there.

It was the same case when I applied just one of my custom skies to the "Fixed Sky" portion. Looks correct in the preview once selected in drop down menu. Click "Apply," and the fogginess is gone.

I thought maybe it wasn't taking well to my custom skies so I tried it with one of the defaults found in every SL viewer. I tried Blizzard and Foggy. Same deal. 

I even tried to do this in the most updated SL viewer. The problem still persists.

I've been trying to look around if this issue has been reported or talked about recently, but maybe it's something on my end alone? What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks folks!

3 answers to this question

I suspect that you are seeing side effects of some of the tweaks that LL is doing under the hood as they move to making EEP part of the standard viewer.  I've had problems myself for the past few days as I have tried to revert my region's Windlight settings from a custom set that I was using as a test back to SL defaults.  There's something buggy in Windlight -- more than just one something -- but I'm hoping that it will clear up in the month ahead, as many previous bugs have.  Until then, you might try using the current EEP viewer, which will give you a little more flexibility in handling the environment.  

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I suspect that you are seeing side effects of some of the tweaks that LL is doing under the hood as they move to making EEP part of the standard viewer.  I've had problems myself for the past few days as I have tried to revert my region's Windlight settings from a custom set that I was using as a test back to SL defaults.  There's something buggy in Windlight -- more than just one something -- but I'm hoping that it will clear up in the month ahead, as many previous bugs have.  Until then, you might try using the current EEP viewer, which will give you a little more flexibility in handling the environment.  

Ahh ok. I thought EEP might be part of it. I just read briefly about it, but maybe it was an old thread and seemed like it was tested only on a few regions. I'll give that a try then!! Good to know I'm not crazy or screwed up something solely on my end! I'll see if it changes how the Windlight appears. I was reading about importing just now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.