Boathouse question.

BettiRaige

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I FINALLY got a boathouse but I got it with my alt.   I made sure to allow my main to access but when I tried to add myself to be able to add furniture and stuff the check marks are not working.   All my furnishings are in my main account so I tried to create a group and paid 100L to do so..  but that doesn't work either.   What gives?   I don't understand.  I was allowed to do it with my old Linden home so why can't I do it on the new lands?   Will it change or is this the new norm?  Am I missing something?  Help!

• Like 1

You need to have your alt set the land to your group in About Land, and then your main needs to be wearing the group tag in order to rez. Also, make sure you are reading inside your property borders, not on the Linden land. If you have trouble rezzing on the mesh floor, try rezzing on the terrain ocean floor beneath the watery section of your parcel. And, if rezzing inside your home, move your camera out to check if your furnishings actually appeared on the roof or outside - that has happened to some!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BettiRaige said:

I just realized that the group I created was deleted because I never got the offer to join.    So I guess I need to create another group and send myself an invitation again.  Thanks so much.  I'll try again.

If a group only has 1 member for 24  48 hours it will be deleted.

One really is the loneliest number

Edited by Gryphon Ronas
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, BettiRaige said:

I just realized that the group I created was deleted because I never got the offer to join.    So I guess I need to create another group and send myself an invitation again.  Thanks so much.  I'll try again.

if you create  a group you'r automaticly member, if your alt created it, she has to invite you ór set it to open enrolment for you to join.
Also, when you wait too long to let another member join (2 days only, but you get warnings by email or message ), the group will get deleted by the system.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations 🎊🎈🍾 

I love hearing people still snag a house or boat. 

I think people can get them it just is a slow DMV type slow of a wait. lol

But It does happen. 

How long were you trying for? 

• Like 3

On 5/17/2019 at 12:44 AM, Fox Wijaya said:

if you create  a group you'r automaticly member, if your alt created it, she has to invite you ór set it to open enrolment for you to join.
Also, when you wait too long to let another member join (2 days only, but you get warnings by email or message ), the group will get deleted by the system.

You also can set the group to public and then your alt can search it and join, then set it to private (invite only) and add the alt to the group management level you want. Just a thought if the invitation part doesn't always work out as planned. Though a group usually lasts at least a few days before being auto-disbanded for lack of members. The suckiest part if once a group name is used, it's locked forevermore. This since the very beginning in 2003. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.