So how is the best way to attain a new home on the new continent once they become available?

Cahtias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I come here daily to see if there are any updates, I go to my premium account under the Get My Home tab and check to see if the new continent is listed there.. im not sure if either of those methods are the correct move.. Also, when the parcels are available, how do you go about choosing the right one? or do you just choose "houseboat" and LL assigns you a parcel? I think this info would be good to know for when these become available as it seems like it might be soon. 

Watch the blog posts on your dashboard, as that is probably where it will be announced first. As for choice, you choose type, as in Traditional home vs houseboat, and the system automatically assigns you a parcel of that type. You can then go to your parcel and using the controller (mailbox at home parcels, life preserver at houseboats), pick the style you like best. The only way to choose the parcel itself, and it's more gambling than choosing, is to abandon and try again. You will be able to do this up to five times per day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cahtias said:

I come here daily to see if there are any updates, I go to my premium account under the Get My Home tab and check to see if the new continent is listed there.. im not sure if either of those methods are the correct move.. Also, when the parcels are available, how do you go about choosing the right one? or do you just choose "houseboat" and LL assigns you a parcel? I think this info would be good to know for when these become available as it seems like it might be soon. 

You're doing great just by coming here daily, tbh. Most of those complaining never visit the forums. You shouldn't have to visit the forums to know what's up, but visiting here definitely lets you know of what progress is made, and (somewhat) when updates might be coming. Last rollout, things all went in 24-48 hours, so those who checked the forum once a day all had time. You can also follow this thread 

to  receive notifications when the update drops. The SL or LL (forget which, sorry) Twitter, apparently also will Tweet when the new phase comes out, so if that works better, do that. 

As for choosing the right parcel: it's all random. NOTE THOUGH: you can change your house style through an item (mailbox if house: live preserver if houseboat) , so if you snag a place, don't make the mistake I've seen many make and get a place and abandon it bc you want another style. You can change the style, but not the placement. Changing placement (or switching from a houseboat to house, or vise versa) is done through abandoning your land, which can be done (I think) 5 times per day. But be careful (especially with this rollout which may go fast) and don't be too picky, or else you may be left without a home. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cahtias said:

I go to my premium account under the Get My Home tab

This is actually the answer to the question. Anything else is 100% hypothesis, guesstimates, hearsay, and frivolous nonsense. To be clear: The boat you're in? We are all aboard the same one.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.