Selling a 1024 sqm lot

ChoiceRider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

🌝 For all who might care, perhaps it would be advisable for me to simply rent for her a parcel instead, something I've never done. But, this question I have concerning this approach, does renting land grant all permissions as in terraforming and full editing and permissions as found in the options tab in About-Land, also, would she be able to manage her own privacy orb.. does renting land provide all these permission👀?

12 minutes ago, ChoiceRider said:

🌝 For all who might care, perhaps it would be advisable for me to simply rent for her a parcel instead, something I've never done. But, this question I have concerning this approach, does renting land grant all permissions as in terraforming and full editing and permissions as found in the options tab in About-Land, also, would she be able to manage her own privacy orb.. does renting land provide all these permission👀?

I have a few friends who rent land in the Fruit Islands. The covenant prohibits terraforming but does allow full control over the parcel and you don't need to be a premium member to rent. Just pay the tier as scheduled.

Something to consider.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I have a few friends who rent land in the Fruit Islands. The covenant prohibits terraforming but does allow full control over the parcel and you don't need to be a premium member to rent. Just pay the tier as scheduled.

Something to consider.

Now that's an idea, so how sould I go about finding these Fruit Islands?

15 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I think it could work with a group. You can give land to a group and give her a high enough rank in the group to be able to manage the land.

Agreed Syo.. tho I was hoping to eliminate the need to pay tier for either of us, this begs the thought I should section off a portion of something I aready have, she's aready a member of my personal group, so yea, that would work, but I do like distance from long term friends, if you know what I mean.

Edited by ChoiceRider

3 minutes ago, ChoiceRider said:

Agreed Syo.. tho I was hoping to eliminate the need to pay tier for either of us  🙈

What do you mean by that?

I mean, no matter what you do, someone has to pay something. If you don't need your "free" 1024, that you can own as a premium member, you can give that to the group. This doesn't cause any extra costs.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

What do you mean by that?

I mean, no matter what you do, someone has to pay something. If you don't need your "free" 1024, that you can own as a premium member, you can give that to the group. This doesn't cause any extra costs.

My 1024 freebie was used up some time ago, now with tier being what I'm all about, it's good to minimize where possible and deeding land to the group, of which many friends are members, sorta publishes what I'm doing in a way that could cause jealousies.. politics, all politics  😓 well, a new and separate group? but of course

With what you said about deeding to group lands sinking in, are you telling me that by doing so I would avoid incurring additional tier? Then any new land could be handled the same with no tier??? nah🤺I thought that was only good for 10% off tier

Edited by ChoiceRider
second thought

1 hour ago, ChoiceRider said:

My 1024 freebie was used up some time ago, now with tier being what I'm all about, it's good to minimize where possible and deeding land to the group, of which many friends are members, sorta publishes what I'm doing in a way that could cause jealousies.. politics, all politics  😓 well, a new and separate group? but of course

With what you said about deeding to group lands sinking in, are you telling me that by doing so I would avoid incurring additional tier? Then any new land could be handled the same with no tier??? nah🤺I thought that was only good for 10% off tier

When you say your 1024 freebie was used up, I’m assuming you either currently have a parcel for that or you’ve contributed that 1024 to a group. If either are the case then any further land you buy, or any further contributions to any groups are going to incur additional tier costs.

As has already been suggested, if the friend is not premium then renting or having a group owned parcel is the best way to do this. Some rental companies do allow some terraforming and full parcel powers in that the tenant’s name is on the parcel as owner. Most of these do come with a covenant so there will be certain limitations, but these are rarely unreasonable.

Whatever you do though, unless you’re using your 1024 allowance that comes with your premium a/c, you’re going to be paying for this gift on a monthly/weekly basis until you decide you no longer want the person to have it, and so it’s pretty much just a loan rather than a gift.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

When you say your 1024 freebie was used up, I’m assuming you either currently have a parcel for that or you’ve contributed that 1024 to a group. If either are the case then any further land you buy, or any further contributions to any groups are going to incur additional tier costs.

As has already been suggested, if the friend is not premium then renting or having a group owned parcel is the best way to do this. Some rental companies do allow some terraforming and full parcel powers in that the tenant’s name is on the parcel as owner. Most of these do come with a covenant so there will be certain limitations, but these are rarely unreasonable.

Whatever you do though, unless you’re using your 1024 allowance that comes with your premium a/c, you’re going to be paying for this gift on a monthly/weekly basis until you decide you no longer want the person to have it, and so it’s pretty much just a loan rather than a gift.

I'm going to section off just 1024 from one of my properties, then open a dedicated group for her to enjoy all permissions possible for that section, this way there will be no worries 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChoiceRider said:

Now that's an idea, so how sould I go about finding these Fruit Islands?

Fruit Islands

Open your large map and those areas in yellow are up for grabs. TP to these islands until you find one that fits your needs (large or small).

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.