Can Linden Labs reimburse the accounts.

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sad Day for Linden Labs team.

The Profile is the back bone one the Secondlife.

like the electric company telling you sorry while your food spoils. Yet your monthly bill is there.

Sad to see such an abuse of power from a multi million dollar company.

This is the most disrespectful form of abuse to a customer.

Sad to see that Linden Labs has no back up plan.

The profile tells people how to interact with you.

Do to a terrible  derelict of duty this was caused by an Employee of Linden Labs.

The Real abuse is the thousands of avatars that role play and had their Secondlife ruined.

You at Linden labs think that people that run those servers do not see what your staff did

to the  Hundreds of thousands of account but it was recorded.

Why Else would I actually go on the jira and deal with the people that made this configuration

that ruined thousands of accounts and complain.

Sad day you take the people money that support you and ruin the product do to derelict of duty.

On my end I see the the truth. Ping. 

Reimburse the people for your staffs derelict of duty.

smile your on amazon.

Edited by Drakeo
spelling
  • Confused 1

i would like LL to reimburse me for all the L$ that I spent on stuff that turned out to be stuff that I never wanted. Because LL should just know what I like, and prevented me from buying all the wrong stuff

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i would like LL to reimburse me for all the L$ that I spent on stuff that turned out to be stuff that I never wanted. Because LL should just know what I like, and prevented me from buying all the wrong stuff

And then there is all that prim clothing I bought way back when and never had a chance to wear (because I bought too much) before everything went mesh.  Talk about wasted L$s.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Drakeo said:

well sorry i was on the road and when I got home I then took this to the forum. Abuse of any account do to Staff is a sad thing.  TY. 

even sadder when you forget to read the terms of services and how the service actually works and what they will and will not notify you about.    https://status.secondlife.com  is the status page you need to check.   file a bug report on the jira,  but the web profiles are coming to an end soon and they are going back to legacy profiles.  it's been mentioned and is even in some of the code from LL.  

On 5/2/2019 at 6:34 PM, Yokasta47 said:

I don't know if this is has anything to do with the matter of these posts, but I am unable to change my profile pic and this has been happening for a month. Also I can't see my own pic in my profile in-world (just gray as if it was loading all the time) though in the webpage it's completely normal. Can anyone help me anyhow?

2 ways of doing it one is legacy one is through your secondlife dashboard  FS legacy will not see SL profile. so use both. Legacy for me is only used for opensim. 

legacy search been broken a long time fails to update sometimes.  It is a dullahan world. 

On 5/2/2019 at 5:53 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not hardly 

If you or anyone else actually had your Second Life RUINED because profiles weren't available for a few days, I can just imagine the meltdown when SL is actually offline.   You just might need a perspective adjustment here.

(below bolding is mine)

giphy.gif

cute you have no clue. how the profile interacts with the viewer. But whats new pay the pigs I do. 

On 5/2/2019 at 10:46 AM, Rolig Loon said:

This is what you agreed to  (TOS, Sect. 1.5):

1.5 The Service is subject to scheduled and unscheduled service interruptions and loss of server data, which you do not own and for which you will not hold us liable.

Linden Lab may on occasion need to interrupt the Service with or without prior notice. You agree that Linden Lab will not be liable for any interruption of the Service (whether intentional or not), and you understand that except as may otherwise be specifically provided in Linden Lab's billing policies, posted on applicable areas of the Service and/or Website(s), you will not be entitled to any refunds of fees or other compensation for interruption of service.

I think a multi million dollar company that has planned outage would email the customers. We get an email from LL when they take our money.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-francisco/profile/online-gaming/linden-lab-1116-57373/complaints

On 5/2/2019 at 11:20 AM, Jules Catlyn said:

I can see the old profiles fine and have no idea what the damage is they want to be compensated for. I don't see Second Life ruined in any way shape or form.

at the time all profiles where down. do to a staff member.  Please read the jira 3 days to have someone log in and restart the canister. 3 days PING

profiles  server down again. So what is a profile in secondlife only the gate way to the game . advertising etc etc. how to be treated how to role play etc etc.

come on pick on me all  you want  we pay for the service. No use logging in if you do not  understand the role play of the  other avatar.

Better yet spend 3 weeks  fixing LL code so stuff works. Unlike the latest LL viewer with the broken  Shaders . and going up to 17 percent cpu use. leave that for the jira.

feed the pig I do.

fukLL.png

On 5/5/2019 at 11:53 PM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

even sadder when you forget to read the terms of services and how the service actually works and what they will and will not notify you about.    https://status.secondlife.com  is the status page you need to check.   file a bug report on the jira,  but the web profiles are coming to an end soon and they are going back to legacy profiles.  it's been mentioned and is even in some of the code from LL.  

make the pig happy feed it. FO Hey I did file 3 jiras  get with it.

https://bitbucket.org/{b9934576-44bb-4886-b6f2-5cf7c896c873}/

Edited by Drakeo

here is what I found https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-francisco/profile/online-gaming/linden-lab-1116-57373/complaints

and the reason is because. staff has made huge  mistakes at times and still takes your money. I have the ability just like you with a little bit of trace knowlege to see. what most  have no clue.. Now anypart of the  profile server is down requires Linden labs to reimburse for your secondlife  services. premium accounts .Linden labs prorates service by day .

Fact is  Profile is the gate way to the game. and has put many people at risk of creating confusion and contempt. 

Grow up LL your a service nothing more. when you do not deliver do to staff you still charged your customers. 

Edited by Drakeo
  • Confused 1

On 5/2/2019 at 7:40 PM, moirakathleen said:

When that does happen, I think I'll stay away from the forums for a couple weeks, while everyone settles down. 

you can tell me nothing i do not know what is coming up.  I spent 9 years on that code. rebuilt every Lib  to build the code. 

Be nice. and pay the pigs. I do. 

• Confused 1

On 5/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Your question might have been more relevant if you hadn't posted it after the problem had already been fixed.

well sorry i was on the road and when I got home I then took this to the forum. Abuse of any account do to Staff is a sad thing.  TY. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.