I did a Clean install of Firestorm and i still crash - i need some help

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OK I was having issues with the issues that secondlife....

One thing was happening was that i would get this error

"We are sorry, Linden Lab has discovered degraded performance on your connection to the region you are on.  You will need to restart Second Life and log into a new region for the next 30 minutes to an hour.  We apologize for the inconvenience"

I was not able to TP or do ztake on my breedables.....or build..UGH.....

SO i thought after a week of getting this i would get the "bright" idea to do a clean install of firestorm....well apparently a BAD move...esp with a LARGE inventory as i have.

So i do a clean install and things go swimingly for a while...then i  noticed my FPS was .0.4-0.8 when my internet is 100mps and fully running.. im like...Hmmmmm.... i just went from 50mps to 100....this should be faster to log in.....my FPS before was 35 while i was in SL

but NO...

I am still a cloud then when the inventory fetches...and it gets to 212K items (yes it got more to fetch) the viewer becomes unresponsive and freezes....even  my cloud freezesso i close the viewer....

I relog only to have my inventory restart at 60-62K and im back trying to refetch the inventory...

then BAM

at 212K inventory the viewer Freezes....and im back doing a relog over and over.....

Some times it gets stuck and doesnt want to load my gestures too...which i dont have many activated....UGH UGH UGH

I cant get back on SL after doing a clean install

i CAN get on my main alt but not my main that has all my payment info....right to lands etc....so ya I need some help

UPDATE:

I finally got on BUT- Im still getting this error

"We are sorry, Linden Lab has discovered degraded performance on your connection to the region you are on.  You will need to restart Second Life and log into a new region for the next 30 minutes to an hour.  We apologize for the inconvenience"

I still cant Ztake, edit or build or even TP any where....

how to fix that?

MY COMPUTERS SPECS

Firestorm 6.0.2 (56680) Feb  9 2019 18:55:39 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

You are at 121.1, 91.6, 4,003.4 in Udilan located at sim10251.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.49.173:13015)
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Udilan/121/92/4003
(global coordinates 260,729.0, 131,676.0, 4,003.4)
Second Life Server 19.04.22.526534
Release Notes

CPU: AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor               (3200.12 MHz)
Memory: 16357 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134.706)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 950/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 26.21.14.3039
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 430.39

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.6
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.10.10
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1137 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 1000 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High-Ultra (6/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: 1024 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-4-28T18:20:51 
Built with MSVC version 1800
Packets Lost: 211/108,074 (0.2%)
April 28 2019 11:55:53 SLT

Edited by LishaJoya Haven

3 answers to this question

It sounds like you have inventory problems on the affected account.
If your inventory is very large and flat (flat being more of a problem then large) then your login can time out because it takes so long to create inventory views from the inventory cache.
The fact that if you do manage to get logged in, the viewer freezes dead while fetching your inventory again suggests an inventory issue.

The most common cause of this error message is having a corrupted favorite landmark or just too many landmarks in your inventory.
Delete all your favorite landmarks & empty Trash & see if that fixes the problem.

I suggest you go to Linden Lab support & ask them to check for inventory corruption & also to check if your inventory needs deflattened.
LL can fix both problems so don't worry.

Landmarks in inventory don't count. So, you can grab all your Favorite LM's off the fav's and stuff them in a folder in inventory. If this is the problem log in will start working. Later you can add them back. I suggest you TP to each as you add them back. You'll find the bad one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.