"Top Contributors" in the Knowledge Base

Irene Muni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can someone explain to me what we need a "Top Contributors" menu in the Knowledge Base?

Many KB articles, specially in the translated KB,  are the team work of many Residents (and in the end only one Resident publish the artricle).

Why that "Top Contributors" added to ranks, roles privileges...? This is looking more and more like a pyramid and not a community.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, there does not appear to be an easy way to remove this altogether.  I can set the number of contributors to display to "1", but I'm not sure that would help much.   I need to talk to Lexir or some other Lindens to find out if we can remove this widget altogether.

Rand

Irene Muni wrote:

Thanks for the answer, we can wait
:)
(well, reallY
I
don't want to wait,
but because
I
am
a
whiner
about
ranges
and
the like.
 :matte-motes-evil-invert: ).

I think we should just put Irene's name on all of them.  :matte-motes-evil-invert:   *lexie runs away fast!!!!!!!!!!

Run Lexie, run!!! :matte-motes-evil: It's raining cakes! :D

LOL LOL

Of course, the problem is that I'm the WRITER in the KB of TEAM contributions :)

PS. In any case, forgive me and the Spanish team in these days, we are enjoying SL8B :)

PS2. And AFAIK, the top contributor to the KB is ... Torley Linden?

• 5 months later...

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

This is the kind of relationship we use to have with LL?  Two different Lindens?  With actual personalities?  In the same thread?  Answering questions for residents and actually being involved?  Wow...

Unbelievable

Now we have someone named 'Linden'.  Who is he/she?  Who knows?  It has been asked several times and ignored.

Unbelievable.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

This is the kind of relationship we use to have with LL?  Two different Lindens?  With actual personalities?  In the same thread?  Answering questions for residents and actually being involved?  Wow...

Unbelievable

Now we have someone named 'Linden'.  Who is he/she?  Who knows?  It has been asked several times and ignored.

Unbelievable.

It is rumoured that all Lindens will be subsumed into a gestalt personality over the week's break between Christmas and New Year, following which 100% of external communications will be conducted with a single, hydra-headed construct using the name "Linden Lab".

Torley will be the last to be assimilated, turning the collective's dull grey sheen into a coruscating faeces-hued facade.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.