Favorites at log in not changing.

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

16 answers to this question

I have never managed to make favorites show on the login screen. I suspect the reason yours does not update and mine don't show is the same. I can't say for certain, though.

I did have a quick look around in the settings files and folders, but couldn't find any obvious reason (or cure) for the problem. :(

- Luc -

@Peewee. Thanks for posting those jiras. Reading them made me do some experiments which I believe made me come up with a fix for this issue. Thumbs up.gif At least I hope it will work for others than me.

@Charlotte. Make sure View Display names is checked in Me->Preferences->General. Relog. That should be it. :) You may need to relog a couple of times, but it should be enough. I added a more comprehensive explanation here: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-984

Hope this helps. :matte-motes-nerdy: (He's my favorite smiley.)

- Luc -

• Like 2

Ok, Luc. I fixed it, here's what I did. Emptied my Cache by deleting everything here > C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife. That of course reset all my settings to default. Logged in. Made sure display names was checked, made sure show my favorites at login was checked and also! made sure Me > preferences > general > start location > show on login was checked. (yeah, took me a few times to figure that one out) So, did that, logged out, went to login and only 3 of my 12 faves there! Logged in, waited for inventory to load, unched all of the above, rechecked each one, again, clicking ok after each. logged out, went to login, wallah! Problem solved thanks to you, and thanks to peewee, of course :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.