Wanted - your SL Pictures

Lewis Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am putting together a collection of "fake" album covers with Second Life themes, for a display in a cafe-bar, but I don't want to use my own avatar in any of the images.  I don't want to just trawl through Flickr and grab anything that takes my fancy without permission, so I'm reaching out here. 

There are a couple of things in particular that I'm looking for.

• A girl or guy, preferably with a boho/shabby/hipster kind of look, playing an acoustic guitar
  • A group of 4 or 5 people, girls or guys, standing together, dressed in leather like bikers.
  • A girl sitting on or petting a horse

But I'm not limiting myself to these ideas, if you have anything that you think would be cool as an album cover, as long as it has at least one person in the image, please let me know.

Obviously the image will need to look good when I crop a square out of it, I may (or may not) further alter the image in photoshop, I will add text for the album title and artist name. With your permission I will use your avatar name as the artist but if you prefer that I don't, I will make up a new name. I will pay L$300 per image used and I will also send you a copy of the finished cover.

Below are a couple that I've made already as examples.

1203093764_blakeseashanties.png.0e24474b79a1565ea08519effe81b22e.png1669126852_frostprogeny.png.cca0eb273a59af9b0cc56c993faaf298.png

So if you have anything in your collection that you're willing to let me use, please let me know.

2 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I am putting together a collection of "fake" album covers with Second Life themes, for a display in a cafe-bar, but I don't want to use my own avatar in any of the images.  I don't want to just trawl through Flickr and grab anything that takes my fancy without permission, so I'm reaching out here. 

There are a couple of things in particular that I'm looking for.

• A girl or guy, preferably with a boho/shabby/hipster kind of look, playing an acoustic guitar
  • A group of 4 or 5 people, girls or guys, standing together, dressed in leather like bikers.
  • A girl sitting on or petting a horse

But I'm not limiting myself to these ideas, if you have anything that you think would be cool as an album cover, as long as it has at least one person in the image, please let me know.

Obviously the image will need to look good when I crop a square out of it, I may (or may not) further alter the image in photoshop, I will add text for the album title and artist name. With your permission I will use your avatar name as the artist but if you prefer that I don't, I will make up a new name. I will pay L$300 per image used and I will also send you a copy of the finished cover.

Below are a couple that I've made already as examples.

So if you have anything in your collection that you're willing to let me use, please let me know.

You have my (as written right here, right now) permission to use any of my stuff. But only as long as if you do, that you send me a copy (or at least a SLURL) so I can see what creativeness you've done.  :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nefarious/

OH, and if you cannot grab a copy - just PM me here and I'll send you a link to the full version.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @Claireschen Hesten and @Alyona Su. I have used pics from both of you. Alyona, I cannot find your inworld name; if you can PM it to me, I will send you your payment and completed album cover. Claire, I have sent yours.

The complete set can be seen inworld here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Badger/211/165/82

Still looking to add to the collection though, so if anyone else has some that they can contribute please keep posting. I am still especially looking for groups of people.

121717095_albumdisplay_001.png.9e6581b4aa9983feac83c8bef9cbefb6.png

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Thank you @Claireschen Hesten and @Alyona Su. I have used pics from both of you. Alyona, I cannot find your inworld name; if you can PM it to me, I will send you your payment and completed album cover. Claire, I have sent yours.

The complete set can be seen inworld here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Badger/211/165/82

Still looking to add to the collection though, so if anyone else has some that they can contribute please keep posting. I am still especially looking for groups of people.

121717095_albumdisplay_001.png.9e6581b4aa9983feac83c8bef9cbefb6.png

Thank you. No need to pay me, but in-world name is the same as here: Alyona Su :)

12 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Thank you. No need to pay me, but in-world name is the same as here: Alyona Su :)

Thanks. All sent (and I promised to pay so I did :)).

27 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

That is a nice place along the road and worth a drive on the beautiful Sansara continent.

It is lovely around there, all the way along that road from the bottom of the lake to the top. Not sure how long it will stay lovely though, as there is a lot of land for sale in Badger now (cheap, if anyone's interested).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

"All The Prim Horses" for some reason is sounding like the song "All The Lonely People" by America to me. Hahaha. These are awesome. I so love retro music.

It actually came from the nursery rhyme, "All the King's horses, and all the King's men, couln't put Humpty together again."

Random trivia; Humpty Dumpty was not an egg. It was the name of a giant cannon used in the English Civil War, which fell off the castle walls and broke.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

It actually came from the nursery rhyme, "All the King's horses, and all the King's men, couln't put Humpty together again."

Random trivia; Humpty Dumpty was not an egg. It was the name of a giant cannon used in the English Civil War, which fell off the castle walls and broke.

I vaguely remember something like that. The origins of nursery rhymes are so fascinating... like how "Ring Around Rosies" is NOT a very friendly little song LOL Please, no one ever sing that one to me. 

On 4/23/2019 at 9:51 PM, Alyona Su said:

I vaguely remember something like that. The origins of nursery rhymes are so fascinating... like how "Ring Around Rosies" is NOT a very friendly little song LOL Please, no one ever sing that one to me. 

There's a lot of rocks in folklore that you need a strong stomach if you're going to turn them over and look. They don't have to be nursery rhymes about entire families perishing from the plague or the "fairy tales" that somehow managed to have all their innate blood and thunder swept under the rug by the victorians. I'm a folk musician - I sing about shipwrecks, mine explosions, famine and warfare, about sex and death and about what perils lurk beyond the walls of the mundane world. All the while we drink, dance and celebrate life we weave through it the threads of its ending. And, as often as not, quite a horrible ending at that! "Natural" can be "good" but it's only ever "nice" by coincidence.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread.

While not what you're looking for at the moment, I've been occasionally attempting to recreate the covers of albums of female artists I admire, best as possible with what I could find in world.

So, here's 3 of them. 

First, is Hole, Live Through This; Second is Kate Bush, Hounds of Love. Last, Carly Simon's Playing Possum.

Feel free to utilize them if you like.

You can find my images on Flickr. There are a lot of real life stuff mixed in but you have my permission to use anything SL related that catches your eye as long as you contact me first to advise me of it's use.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/elora_lunasea/

live through this.jpg

hounds.jpg

possum.jpg

Edited by Elora Lunasea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.