Marketplace Merchants: Please don't do this....

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Then either state such from the beginning or make sure to quote the person you're responding to for context - especially if you're responding to something said a page or two back (or even the original post) when in a topic more than a page or two long. 

If the price seems too good to be true, don't buy it. Also remember these are limited quantity. 

The OP hasn't come back to respond to any of the posts. We don't know if the person is still reading the responses. There wasn't enough information given in the OP to determine what actually happened with the purchase. It kind of feels like we're all just filling an empty space with hot air at this point.   :D 

Edited by Blush Bravin

Thank you all for your responses. I learned from them.

One of my own rules had been never to buy anything on the Marketplace unless the merchant still had some 'store space' in Second Life, so that I could at least see some examples of their work. I've broken the rule before when the item was inexpensive. This time I goofed.

I haven't heard from the seller and research indicates that she left Second Life with a broken heart. I still hope she'll come back eventually. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

One of my own rules had been never to buy anything on the Marketplace unless the merchant still had some 'store space' in Second Life, so that I could at least see some examples of their work. I've broken the rule before when the item was inexpensive. This time I goofed.

Lots of the stores I buy from don't have an inworld store anymore. It effectively boils down to three questions:

• Will I be mad if I get nothing in return for my payment?
  • Do I have good experience with this merchant?
  • What could possibly go wrong?

The last one is especially hard to judge but some stuff merchants cannot mess up easily, I am willing to give the seller a try in those cases.

Edited by Fionalein

2 hours ago, RuffertasAlt said:

Thank you all for your responses. I learned from them.

I haven't heard from the seller and research indicates that she left Second Life with a broken heart. I still hope she'll come back eventually. 

Thank you for the update. I was wondering if you had heard from the merchant or had any kind of resolution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.