Firestorm Crashing Problems

Cooltang Flow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone, I was not active in SL for a long time and I updated the new firestorm a few days ago, but now I have a problem to connect to SL.
After connecting for a few minutes, the connection is constantly disconnected with the warning in the following picture, and I tried other viewers too but its still same
Thank you in advance for helping me solve the problem .
Here is the  SS,

Firestorm 6.0.2 (56680) Feb  9 2019 18:55:39 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support

Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (2592 MHz)
Memory: 16283 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134.648)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.21.14.1935
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 419.35

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.6
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.10.10
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1001 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1.25
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High-Ultra (6/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: 2048 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-3-22T5:58:10
Built with MSVC version 1800
March 21 2019 22:39:16 SLT

16 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, Cooltang Flow said:

Hi everyone, I was not active in SL for a long time and I updated the new firestorm a few days ago, but now I have a problem to connect to SL.
After connecting for a few minutes, the connection is constantly disconnected with the warning in the following picture, and I tried other viewers too but its still same
Thank you in advance for helping me solve the problem .
Here is the  SS,

Firestorm 6.0.2 (56680) Feb  9 2019 18:55:39 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support

Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (2592 MHz)
Memory: 16283 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134.648)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.21.14.1935
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 419.35

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.6
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.10.10
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1001 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1.25
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High-Ultra (6/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: 2048 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-3-22T5:58:10
Built with MSVC version 1800
March 21 2019 22:39:16 SLT

Try lowering from High/Ultra  to  mid and turn off advanced lighting.  

The experts will be along with more ideas shortly :) 

• Like 1

Your system info looks fine.
Small amount of packet loss in the stats window but nothing terrible.
Your Ping Sim is really high though - 915 ms.

The error message you get is usually one of 3 things:

1) Your login is timing out.
This is usually due to a large, flat inventory structure.
If this is the cause, your disconnect will be within a few minutes of logging in at most.
To rule out this problem, see if you can complete login & stay connected after your clear the viewer cache.
If you can only stay connected when cache has been cleaned, you need to go to LL support & ask for your inventory to be deflattened.
Also, if you have any alt accounts, they will remain unaffected if this is an inventory problem.

2)  The region is sick.
Try logging into some different regions.  If you only have problems when logging into a certain region, the region probably needs a restart.

3) Your connection/network is screwing up.
Reboot your computer & power off your router/cable mode for a few minutes & try again.
If you are connecting over wireless, try connecting over a wired connection instead & see if that fixes it.  If it does you need to troubleshoot your wifi.
If you are connecting over a wired connection & switching to wifi fixes it, try replacing your network cable/check cable isn't loose etc.

• Like 2

This is looking more and more like a connection issue. Cindy gave you the link to my blog, http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/ work your way through it. This is important as I explain how to determine of it is your connection or the SL system that is causing the high PING rates.

A sustained 600ms PING with no packet loss is livable but no fun. But, any packet loss or spikes in PING will get you a disconnect. We consider 250ms slow but usable. My PING is around 40ms.

Once the router and computer have been restarted you can launch the viewer and let it go through the cycle to disconnect. Once the viewer is closed look in the log file (SL log files) near the end will be a summary of the session. See what the packet loss and PING are. Packet lost is the major factor in disconnection.

THe viewer setting for max bandwidth is to be experimented with. Depending on your connection a setting between 500 and 1500 works well. But, where in that range is a trial and error thing and it changes as the Internet is always changing. The setting has less to do with connection and more about an overall viewer-connection-server performance. The setting tells the server how big a handful of data it can send you and how often. So, it tends to influence performance more than whether or not you disconnect. But, this stuff is interrelated, so it may help.

Also, the "I tried everything" is really annoying. Not that you didn't, but we are left in the place of wondering did he actually change ________ and restart _____   .... It takes more typing on your part to say restarted router and computer, no difference. Changed Max Band to 800, 1100, and 1500 and saw no diff...  Otherwise, those things that almost always make a difference and didn't this time, I tend to doubt were tried. You have no idea how many people just won't do what we recommend and tell us they did it ALL. So, we do get jaded don't take it personally. If you look through some of the other treads where people are being helped, the long threads are where they are detailing what they did. You are better than most... just keep it detailed.

• Like 2

Thank you  but I am saying again that I've tried everything because I read everything about my problem in SL forums and also your link before I started this post...

So I went to my friend's home and I tried to connect there and there is no problem,seems it is about my ISS.

Thanks anyway.

51 minutes ago, MrBill Bigboots said:

i am having the same  issue.   did you get  a solution?    thanks!

By "same issue", I'm assuming you are getting disconnected with the below message?

image.png.38df8393f8ce79a0c904691bac496d49.png

If so, the OP did get a solution per the post directly above yours:

image.png.89a24e8496fa7851b769048aab240186.png

That disconnect message is almost always a connection problem.  Reboot your router and modem.  Check your graphics settings and if they are very high, turn them down some while you figure out the issue.  If you only receive the message in a specific region, try avoiding that area and see if things are okay --- it might be that the region is having trouble.  Also, check your Statistics to see if you have a really high Ping value or high Packet Loss.

I am thinking  its an ISS  issue,  as I crash on any  pc  in the  house but works  on phone.  I have  made a new account and still crashed.  My speed tests are good.  but wondered what the  ISS  is.     It  has worked great  up to a few  days ago and since them crash withing a  couple  minutes of  logging with any account on any  pc  in  my house.   I do get some technology  but not that good.   ha     i really do  appreciate your response.   i was trying to go back and figure  out  how to do the  Ping test  etc.   Thanks again!  

6 minutes ago, MrBill Bigboots said:

I am thinking  its an ISS  issue,  as I crash on any  pc  in the  house but works  on phone.  I have  made a new account and still crashed.  My speed tests are good.  but wondered what the  ISS  is.     It  has worked great  up to a few  days ago and since them crash withing a  couple  minutes of  logging with any account on any  pc  in  my house.   I do get some technology  but not that good.   ha     i really do  appreciate your response.   i was trying to go back and figure  out  how to do the  Ping test  etc.   Thanks again!  

When you check the Ping test, pick a target server in Phoenix, AZ - that is where the LL servers are. 

Ping test -- go here:  https://www.speedtest.net/  and then do the 'Change Server' option to pick something in Phoenix.

You could have a generally good internet, but the route that your ISP is currently using to get to the LL servers could have an issue a one or more points.  IF that is the case -- just something with the routing - you can try using the Google public DNS service, as that will likely force a different path (maybe better, maybe not).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When you check the Ping test, pick a target server in Phoenix, AZ - that is where the LL servers are. 

Ping test -- go here:  https://www.speedtest.net/  and then do the 'Change Server' option to pick something in Phoenix.

You could have a generally good internet, but the route that your ISP is currently using to get to the LL servers could have an issue a one or more points.  IF that is the case -- just something with the routing - you can try using the Google public DNS service, as that will likely force a different path (maybe better, maybe not).

thanks!!     out  of a couple  phoenix  ones    ping was   57  67      downloads  24.72 and 34.64     up loads  2.94  16.38   and close to  me  in Waco  is   19    37.16    21.34        i keepo thinking  its something with the  pathway to the  house  in general    

On 6/23/2019 at 12:48 PM, MrBill Bigboots said:

thanks!!     out  of a couple  phoenix  ones    ping was   57  67      downloads  24.72 and 34.64     up loads  2.94  16.38   and close to  me  in Waco  is   19    37.16    21.34        i keepo thinking  its something with the  pathway to the  house  in general    

Thanks  for the advice.  tried new  dns and no  luck.    :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.