The game keeps logging me out

AhmedZein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

26 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

If this happens right after you connect, then you might waiting a good couple of minutes and then setting your logon location to a different region, KARA is a good one.

If this persists, file a support ticket.

I waited many times but it just kept logging out , today it has done it nearly 20 times , i tried logging in different places but it hadn't worked , also tried reinstalling the game , istalling other versions , created new account to see if the account is the problem but it just kept doing this

Also, the server can log you out if it hasn't heard anything from your client for 60 seconds, if wifi, move to a different location, reboot your router etc etc and switch to a cabled connection

Failing that, do you have another computer you can try on, just to rule out an account problem ?

4 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Also, the server can log you out if it hasn't heard anything from your client for 60 seconds, if wifi, move to a different location, reboot your router etc etc and switch to a cabled connection

Failing that, do you have another computer you can try on, just to rule out an account problem ?

I tried moving but it also logged me out, the wifi is stable and like 1 meter away from the computer, the other account had the same problem so i think the problem isn't with the account, I've just tried logging in kara but it logged me out again, and currently i only have this pc

There is likely something going on with your connection.  Reboot your modem and router so see if that helps.  Reboot your computer also, if you haven't in a while.  Check this blog post for other things you can check with your network connection:  http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

12 hours ago, AhmedZein said:

I tried moving but it also logged me out, the wifi is stable and like 1 meter away from the computer, the other account had the same problem so i think the problem isn't with the account, I've just tried logging in kara but it logged me out again, and currently i only have this pc

It can still be your wifi .. it might be stable for other things and still be hopelessly bad for SL.

Grab a network cable, stick one end in the router, other in your computer and disable the wifi .. see what happens.

Just have to keep ruling things out, I would still file a support ticket with LL just to have them sanity check your account.

7 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

It can still be your wifi .. it might be stable for other things and still be hopelessly bad for SL.

Grab a network cable, stick one end in the router, other in your computer and disable the wifi .. see what happens.

Just have to keep ruling things out, I would still file a support ticket with LL just to have them sanity check your account.

I've just used a cable connection but still got the same problem, earlier today i logged in kara and it didn't log me out for like 10 mins but after that the problem started again and now I can't log in for more than a minute

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is likely something going on with your connection.  Reboot your modem and router so see if that helps.  Reboot your computer also, if you haven't in a while.  Check this blog post for other things you can check with your network connection:  blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

I tried rebooting my computer,my modem,and everything i could but it just kept doing the same thing,the problem started like a month ago but it did it like once or twice a day, but after the last update it just kept doing it

2 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

when you get logged out are you still online? like can you pop open a webpage and it loads right away? SL did have an issue where it could crash older domestic routers as it generates a small offices worth of http traffic.

The internet works fine to me the webpages loads as fast as it can the download speed is too good and i think everything with the connection is good,but as i said the problem started increasing after the last update, i appreciate your help really but all those solutions didn't solve it yet

41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Start the viewer BUT DO NOT LOG IN.  In the menu (top left) click 'Help / About Secondlife'.  Copy everything in the popup window and paste it here.

Second Life Release 6.1.1.525044 (64bit)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (2711.99 MHz)
Memory: 8073 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 930MX/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.21.14.1735
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 417.35

Window size: 1920x1001
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1.25
Draw distance: 128m
Bandwidth: 3000kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.125
Render quality: 4
Advanced Lighting Model: Enabled
Texture memory: 512MB
VFS (cache) creation time: March 16 2019 16:41:46

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.4
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.64
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
March 17 2019 16:26:07

51 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Are you getting inworld at all or is it crashing before getting you fully logged in? 

Try reducing your bandwidth -- before logging in, bring up your preferences, click on the Setup tab and reduce your bandwidth to 1200-1500.  

It gets fully logged in and i can IM friends,tp and do things but for nearly 2 mins then the game just closes with no error messages at all or logging out screen but just closes suddenly, then when i oprn it again and log in i get a message saying "the region has started the logout process, please try again in a few minutes" and in the second time i can log in but it closes again and so.

23 minutes ago, AhmedZein said:

It gets fully logged in and i can IM friends,tp and do things but for nearly 2 mins then the game just closes with no error messages at all or logging out screen but just closes suddenly, then when i oprn it again and log in i get a message saying "the region has started the logout process, please try again in a few minutes" and in the second time i can log in but it closes again and so.

The 'region has started the logout process' is because they system hasn't fully finished the forced logout that happened.

Since you do typically get logged in for a minute or so, next time you get in, immediately click Ctrl+Shift+1 to bring up the Statistics window.  Near the top will be Packet Loss and Ping Sim.  Keep an eye on those numbers, maybe take a screen shot, and report back what they are showing when you get booted out.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The 'region has started the logout process' is because they system hasn't fully finished the forced logout that happened.

Since you do typically get logged in for a minute or so, next time you get in, immediately click Ctrl+Shift+1 to bring up the Statistics window.  Near the top will be Packet Loss and Ping Sim.  Keep an eye on those numbers, maybe take a screen shot, and report back what they are showing when you get booted out.

This image was seconds before logging out again

IMG_20190318_060827.jpg

9 hours ago, AhmedZein said:

This sounds like the viewer is actually crashing, rather then disconnecting.

So just to clarify - does the viewer just poof to desktop instantly with no error message?
Do you get a message in the viewer saying anything like "Darn!  You have been disconnected from Second Life.  View IM/Quit" or similar?
Before the viewer crashes, does the viewer freeze solid & you can't walk or see local chat etc or does everything seem normal & then the viewer just closes with no message?

Your system info shows you are on the LL EEP RC viewer.
Do you have the same problem  on the default release viewer from https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

This sounds like the viewer is actually crashing, rather then disconnecting.

So just to clarify - does the viewer just poof to desktop instantly with no error message?
Do you get a message in the viewer saying anything like "Darn!  You have been disconnected from Second Life.  View IM/Quit" or similar?
Before the viewer crashes, does the viewer freeze solid & you can't walk or see local chat etc or does everything seem normal & then the viewer just closes with no message?

Your system info shows you are on the LL EEP RC viewer.
Do you have the same problem  on the default release viewer from https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ ?

Yes everything wirks normally i can move and chat and suddenly it closes with no freezing before it, it just closes without any error messages, then when i restart the game and try to login i get a message saying "region has started the logout process, try again in a few minutes" and then i click ok and click login again it logs in normally then closes again..

I literally tried every version of the game, the default and the betas, the problem increased after the latest update but before it the problem used to happen like once a day but now i can't even play it for 5 minutes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.