The game keeps logging me out

AhmedZein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

That is a HUGE ping time.  This sounds like the path between LL's servers and your computer may be the problem.

1. Try switching to a different set of DNS servers.  See here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
  2. Other things to check: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/
  3. Contact your internet service provider and start wending your way through their technical support system.  Do not let them fob you off with "oh, it's Second Life's problem, not us."
Edited by Lindal Kidd

Lindal's right.  That is a gigantic ping time.  Are you on the opposite side of the world from Linden Lab in San Francisco?  Ping time increases with distance, so SL residents in Europe typically have ping times >150 msec.  Residents in India and Australia may be as much as twice that.  There's nothing you can do except move closer.

A monstrously large ping time like yours is most likely to occur if the signal is traveling to a satellite and back, or if there is a seriously bad node somewhere in the Internet between you and San Francisco.  You aren't using a satellite connection for the Internet, are you?

28 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Lindal's right.  That is a gigantic ping time.  Are you on the opposite side of the world from Linden Lab in San Francisco?  Ping time increases with distance, so SL residents in Europe typically have ping times >150 msec.  Residents in India and Australia may be as much as twice that.  There's nothing you can do except move closer.

A monstrously large ping time like yours is most likely to occur if the signal is traveling to a satellite and back, or if there is a seriously bad node somewhere in the Internet between you and San Francisco.  You aren't using a satellite connection for the Internet, are you?

I kept an eye on the ping time and it's usually less than 1000 ms like after 5 to 10 sec after i log in, currently I'm in Europe so i guess the connection is good, I'll try the solutions above by lindal in a few hours and see if it works

Like 2 months ago i had a very slow internet connection but nothing like this ever happened, but currently the connection is far better than before so i don't think it's the problem but I'll try, also I've read that sometimes the game doesn't recognize that the account has logged out and so it can't login so maybe that's the problem, but I'll see if my connection is the problem first

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The ping is less than 300 but it still does the same thing

IMG_20190318_231609.jpg

9 minutes ago, AhmedZein said:

The ping is less than 300 but it still does the same thing

That's still high but marginally acceptable.  It may be enough to cause problems if you have some other issue.  Your packet loss is uncomfortably high, for example. I rarely see my own packet loss say anything other than < 0.1% . Lost data packets can interrupt your service, especially on login.  You might try Lindal's suggestion of adding the Google DNS server you whatever is currently in your router. And, of course, avoid using wifi, which is easily interrupted by local RF noise from electric appliances, fluorescent light fixtures, etc.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Edit: Oh... Oops there is a second page   ...   Doh!  😳

Reading your computer specs it looks like your Windows is way out of date. The MS site says 1803 Semi-Annual Channel 17134.648 (really?) and my system that I just bumped to update says Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763... 

Yours is showing 10 64-bit (Build 9200). That is pretty far behind. Consider running Windows Update a number of times to force your system to come current.

I just bumped my NVIDIA a couple of days ago. You and I are both running 417.35. So, you should be good there.

Bandwidth: 3000kbit/s is HIGH. Try pulling it down. The 'official' (?) recommendation is 80% of you Internet speed or <=1500, whichever is smaller. The max bandwidth setting is debatable. But, experiment to see if changing it helps. The Max Band is for the UDP connection only and tells the server how to behave. It does not throttle your viewer.

Texture memory at 512MB... that is low, but you can't go higher on the SL Viewer. Running the SL Viewer it should be OK.

The PING TIME is a disaster. 2k ms is not going to work. I suggest you try troubleshooting your network before doing any other drastic steps. Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection - I see you got the Ping down but the packet loss jumped up. If the view just disconnects, the log file will contain the connection summary info at the end. Check it to see the total packet lost andaveragee ping.

By trying the various versions of the viewer you have pretty much eliminated the viewer as the problem. It looks to be your connection that is the problem. 250ms Ping is sort of an upper limit. Above that we expect problems. 2695ms is ten times that... 500ms is sort of the line where we expect significant problems and beyond that we expect disconnection and viewer stalls. ...and packet loss going to the SL servers can cause a disconnect.

You can also look in your secondlife.log to see why the viewer thinks it is disconnecting. Beyond just reading for an error message in the log, there is a somewhat complex routine for troubleshooting at that level. You can get more info here: SecondLife.Log Files

Edited by Nalates Urriah

8 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Edit: Oh... Oops there is a second page   ...   Doh!  😳

Reading your computer specs it looks like your Windows is way out of date. The MS site says 1803 Semi-Annual Channel 17134.648 (really?) and my system that I just bumped to update says Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763... 

Yours is showing 10 64-bit (Build 9200). That is pretty far behind. Consider running Windows Update a number of times to force your system to come current.

I just bumped my NVIDIA a couple of days ago. You and I are both running 417.35. So, you should be good there.

Bandwidth: 3000kbit/s is HIGH. Try pulling it down. The 'official' (?) recommendation is 80% of you Internet speed or <=1500, whichever is smaller. The max bandwidth setting is debatable. But, experiment to see if changing it helps. The Max Band is for the UDP connection only and tells the server how to behave. It does not throttle your viewer.

Texture memory at 512MB... that is low, but you can't go higher on the SL Viewer. Running the SL Viewer it should be OK.

The PING TIME is a disaster. 2k ms is not going to work. I suggest you try troubleshooting your network before doing any other drastic steps. Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection - I see you got the Ping down but the packet loss jumped up. If the view just disconnects, the log file will contain the connection summary info at the end. Check it to see the total packet lost andaveragee ping.

By trying the various versions of the viewer you have pretty much eliminated the viewer as the problem. It looks to be your connection that is the problem. 250ms Ping is sort of an upper limit. Above that we expect problems. 2695ms is ten times that... 500ms is sort of the line where we expect significant problems and beyond that we expect disconnection and viewer stalls. ...and packet loss going to the SL servers can cause a disconnect.

You can also look in your secondlife.log to see why the viewer thinks it is disconnecting. Beyond just reading for an error message in the log, there is a somewhat complex routine for troubleshooting at that level. You can get more info here: SecondLife.Log Files

I kept an eye on the ping today and it never goes over 300 ms but mostly 100+ , i changed the bandwidth to 1500 now and i started use a cable connection not a wifi but nothing changed, today i logged in and it worked properly for like 10 mins, i logged in an empty place and then teleported to another empty one but when i teleported to a crowded place it crashed again after like 2 mins, about the package loss i kept an eye on it too and it's usually 0.1% or none at all , i'm updating the windows now and i think the graphics driver has the latest update

22 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

What does it say in the secondlife.log file?

Have you looked at Windows Events?

There was another windows update and i installed it and the game works properly now, so thanks everybody for help, i really appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.