Script problem in sl with me( help please

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

: Hi folks I still have this problem wereby I cannot sit on anything at a particular sim regardless I have full rights,  its not my viewer, its not me as I can sit in other sims, I removed all my clothes and huds and still cannot sit,   any ideas folks

I rezzed the bike and this is what I got when I tried to sit on it

Script trying to take controls from owner but PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS permission not set!

I'm not sure what the bike has to do with your main question, but it's own problem looks like a common scripting error.  The script's changed event should include a llRequestPermissions statement that triggers a run_time_permissions event and asks for PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS.  Without it, or if it's poorly worded, you will not be able to ride the bike.  Depending on how the changed event is written, the bike might even throw you off.

Hi Rolig,  the bike is an example, but the sim I am on that giving me the problems I have full rights and get kicked off anything I try and sit on,  I tried different viewer,I stripped everything of me even huds,I tried a different avatar and was ok, if I go to a differnent sim I am ok, so its something to do with me and the sim,  someone said I might have dropped a wear script on the sim hence the problem but have no way of knowing how to look for that if I did

3 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

Hi Rolig,  the bike is an example, but the sim I am on that giving me the problems I have full rights and get kicked off anything I try and sit on,  I tried different viewer,I stripped everything of me even huds,I tried a different avatar and was ok, if I go to a differnent sim I am ok, so its something to do with me and the sim,  someone said I might have dropped a wear script on the sim hence the problem but have no way of knowing how to look for that if I did

If you use world > area search > list it wil present a full list of object. If you use the Official veiwer i do not know as i use Firestorm.

2 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

someone said I might have dropped a wear script on the sim hence the problem but have no way of knowing how to look for that if I did

I suppose that's a possibility.  If so, it's in an object somewhere (scripts cannot be in world except in an object) and probably was not intended to do what it's doing now.  There's no easy way to find it, I'm afraid. If you are the region owner and have plenty of time on your hands, you can use Region/Estate Details >>> Debug to look for Top Scripts and then look through them laboriously to identify likely suspects.  That's likely to be a lengthy search, though.  You could use Build >>> Region Objects or World >>> Show More >>> Beacons to locate scripted objects as well.  All of those tools allow you to apply some filters to narrow the search for items that you own personally, which might help.

6 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

I checked what scripts are on the sim and cannot find any wear objects , I stripped naked and removed all hud of me and still cannot sit, 

I do not know but a sit is a crude animation so something is already running. The issue for me is i know zero about the official SL viewer. In FS i would simply go to avatar health and clear it and locate the object.

Edited by steph Arnott

I went to health and even went back to a newbie, and still could not sit on anything, I tried some dance pads and this is the message I get 

Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set

Its some thing  do with the sim  and me, , I went on with another avatar using the same viewer and it was ok, 

2 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

I went to health and even went back to a newbie, and still could not sit on anything, I tried some dance pads and this is the message I get 

Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set

Its some thing  do with the sim  and me, , I went on with another avatar using the same viewer and it was ok, 

If it worked on another av then your current issue is linked to the av with the problem.  This is old so no garrantees   Me > Movement > Stop animating me

1 hour ago, greek Wingtips said:

...the sim I am on that giving me the problems I have full rights and get kicked off anything I try and sit on...

Per the wiki article for llUnSit():

The agent identified by id is forced to stand up if any of the following apply:

1. The agent is sitting on the scripted object
  2. The agent is over land owned by the scripted object's owner and/or a group the owner has land rights for.

So the theory is that somewhere on the region there's a script calling llUnSit() on your UUID. It doesn't need to be an attachment, it just needs to be running on the region. The scripted object may be owned by you (most likely) or by somebody else with land rights in the land-owning group.

It's possible the same script may also be doing something to generate the animation permission errors, but it's more likely those are generated by whatever you're trying to sit on when the llUnSit() hits. The error message probably identifies which object is getting those animation permission errors, but again my hunch is that they're just side-effects, not part of the real problem.

There are a bunch of different ways to search for scripted objects. I generally use the Beacons approach which works in all viewers. Area Search is in Firestorm. If you're on an Estate, Top Scripts is most complete, as Rolig suggested above.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

There are a bunch of different ways to search for scripted objects. I generally use the Beacons approach which works in all viewers. Area Search is in Firestorm. If you're on an Estate, Top Scripts is most complete, as Rolig suggested above.

I prefer using Beacons myself.  If you want to use something like Firestorm's Area Search, though, you can use World >> About Land >> Objects.  Click the little circular arrow button to refresh the display of owners at the bottom of the window.  Then highlight your own name (since you are looking for something that you own).  When you do that, all objects in the parcel that you own will be highlighted on the ground.  Then you can wander around and check them all laboriously.  That would not be my personal choice, but it's how to do it in the standard viewer.

BTW, you are not looking for a WORN object, since it's obviously not worn unless it's on you at the moment.  You are looking for any scripted object.  That's what makes the search hard, unless you have some way of narrowing the search by looking for specific objects.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steph Arnott said:

Just as a curiosity, if a sim has 'Experience' can that be the issue?

Yes, it could, in a very limited sense.  You can script some objects to allow SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY.  That might explain the behavior of a few specific objects in a regions, but wouldn't account for what the OP is seeing -- all objects being unsittable.

Edit: Like the OP, we are all shooting blind here.  I find it hard to imagine a way to prevent a resident from sitting on anything.   We're all following the vague hope that he can find some odd object that will be the cause of it all.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Yes, it could, in a very limited sense.  You can script some objects to allow SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY.  That might explain the behavior of a few specific objects in a regions, but wouldn't account for what the OP is seeing -- all objects being unsittable.

The reason i say that is because it is a single key, the person stated that an alt is okay.

If a script calls llUnSit on a particular UUID, that avatar will be the one who is forced to stand. It could be malicious targeting, but I can also imagine furniture with a nasty bug that calls llUnSit in a tight loop on whatever agent last sat on it (or touched it, or owns it, or whatever -- it's just a hypothetical bug).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

: Hi folks I still have this problem wereby I cannot sit on anything

What error message, if any, do you see when your attempt to sit fails?   Sorry if this has been answered already -- I skimmed the thread looking for the answer, but may have missed it.

Also, what viewer are you using?   I ask because RLV can stop you from sitting, though I struggle to see how, I must confess, in the circumstances you describe, unless there's an old object, belonging to you, somewhere on the region imposing the no-sit restriction.

Edited by Innula Zenovka

1 minute ago, Innula Zenovka said:

What error message, if any, do you see when your attempt to sit fails?   Sorry if this has been answered already -- I skimmed the thread looking for the answer, but may have missed it.

The OP is seeing 

So it's clearly a specific script in some object on the region.  We're all guessing about why it should affect him, in particular, and not others, and why it should prevent sitting on all objects.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

The OP is seeing 

So it's clearly a specific script in some object on the region.  We're all guessing about why it should affect him, in particular, and not others, and why it should prevent sitting on all objects.

Yes, but I thought that's what happens when the OP tries to sit on a bike, not on every particular object on the region.   

I'm wondering what happens when the object in question is a simple box with only a sit target set and nothing else.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.