Bought Items not going to inventory

kerry Young

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the last 24 hours i have had 3 items that i purchased not going to inventory. The first two were from the market place, having clicked the accept button upon delivery they did not appear in inventory despite numerouse searches of my inventory and several relogs.

The third item was a redelivery of somethong bought in world, due to a minor packaging issue, again this was accepted though it was sent while i was offline. Yet again this item failed to appear in inventory.

During this time i was sent notecards and they were accepted and appered in my inventory fine, including one from a merchant concerned.

Is anyone else experiancing this problem or is it unique to me. Added comments to this Jira as it seems that is simaler

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6941

Most commonly they're actually there, but just not showing in inventory.

Start by clearing your cache if you haven't already, then log in somewhere empty so it can load without extra stress (one of the Gov Linden sims like Platinum or Rhodium are usually empty - check them first tho).

Other factor - how many items in your inventory? over 10k you can start to get problems (Torley actually recommends 6k max - yes, merchants - 6k ;p)

Please state what viewer and version you are using as third party viewers are not supported.

Now that that unpopular factor has been stated...

Make sure you define your cache location is a seperate location for all viewers/versions you use.

Try the current LL beta viewer.

If you have issues, such as a viewer crash, manually delete the contents of the cache folder, clear recycle/trash bin, and reboot. The slplugin processes can be hung running and cause various weird problems.

This one is going to be fun... Make sure you keep your objects folder down to 512 or less objects. (theoretically should be more but over 512? sheesh! (i'm guilty too)) Actually make it a habit to move anything that arrives in objects to a different folder and begin managing your inventory as though only 512 items would ever show in it.

Best of luck to you.

Originaly using pheonix i have also tried viewer 2.6 which was most recent version on pc.

I always manually clear cache between log ins so thats been done at least 10 times.

Tried logging into different regions and now Rhodium with both viewers still no luck.

Jira remains unanswered from the original poster.

Items have still not appeared in inventory though note cards have and also a plain box sent by a friend.

I think i have tried every trick in the book with this before posting in the forums.

A different merchant has sent me an item this arrived properly. I cannot fathom why the other three merchants are effected.

I have a JIRA about inworld failures to deliver boxes, complete box contents, and sometimes unboxed items. Since support refuses to tell either the merchant or customer whether they can see the items in inventory or not, there is no way to tell what is happening. I won't bother giving the JIRA link because after I supplied the data requested by Maestro Linden, it has been ignored.

It's not individual merchants being affected. It's simply random.

To be honest I'm not so certain there is *any* rhyme or reason to it because even those who *do* all the "proper things", have been having delivery issues. They are creeping up more and more these days too.

Someone yesterday contacted me about an item that did not deliver for them, and they too thought it was me, my store or my magic box. If it were me, one would think the hundreds of other sales from the day would have also failed delivery-at the very least, more than just one of them. She was actually not so very nice, but I redelivered her item in world anyway and parted ways with a "Thank you for letting me know". Please make sure if you have a failed delivery you let the merchant know. It seems more times than not, they have no clue. In fact quite often it will show on our end(and often on the customer's as well) as a delivery that went just fine and dandy.

There's very little, to nothing, you can do to prevent a failed delivery. Aside from the most obvious steps of course.

I have tried everything suggested most prior to posting there has been no linden response to the Jira I posted on either. Oskar Linden suggested posting here initially. Oskar life is swamped with new issues and the way I contacted him was not for this issue or really in his Job remit but at least he had thought of a way of sorting this.

Only one merchant has responded to my queries, this merchant made another attempt to give me the items by hand when I was online which was successful. The other two merchants have not even bothered responding at all.

Another merchant totally separate from this contacted me and sent me an item via a vendor free of charge to see if that would work. This worked and they would not take any payment for what they had given me

I do realize this is not a merchant problem and its a second life problem.

One thing I would like to point out it is impossible to keep your inventory below 512 items for two main reasons, sl creates a library with over a 1000 items in which cannot be removed from inventory ever. The second is every time I have tried using viewer 2 it has put back into inventory every calling card for a person on my friends list, once it put back every calling card I had ever received. Yes I am guilty of having just over 10,000 items and that is since a major clean and boxing of inventory this time last year that took inventory to 3,000 items.

I would like to thank you all for your suggestions on this but I think I will just have to right off the $L spent and find the items inworld while only using market place to source items in the future until Lindens make some response to this and the Jira in a positive manor

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Just half an hour ago I bought 4 things from the market place, and only two of them turned up in my inventory. Has there been any improvement in this situation since a month ago? For example, how to get the items in your inventory without going to the merchants, because they may not believe that you actually didn't get the items.

• Moderators

Indigo Spot wrote:

I have the same problem. Just half an hour ago I bought 4 things from the market place, and only two of them turned up in my inventory. Has there been any improvement in this situation since a month ago? For example, how to get the items in your inventory without going to the merchants, because they may not believe that you actually didn't get the items.

Greetings Indigo,

Please see the Second Life Grid Status Reports page for important information.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Regards,

Dakota Linden
--
Linden Lab
SL Marketplace Customer Support
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/
http://www.secondlife.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.