Lara hud has overlay in Alpha

LuviJones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My Lara hud suddenly developed an overlay that appears to be a segmented circle lying almost flat over the lara "body" section of the hud. Both forms of the alpha work, but they are tangled up , i.e. you cant end up with what you want. I am using 6.0.15638 and the problem came with it. I amy have saved out something of the last version that I shouldnt have.

I've seen this happen only once in all my time of working as a mod in the Maitreya Lara Friends group. In that case it was a corrupted object file and the solution was to manually clear the object cache. Since I can't see the problem I can't be positive this is the same issue however. A pic of how the hud looks to you would help. 

I suggest you join the Maitreya Lara Friends group in-world and ask for help there. 

27 minutes ago, LuviJones said:

The parts of the overlay operate parts of the alpha body, but in a crazy order. I will try what you say. I know it is the computer because I tried it somewhere else and it was fine.Sounds like a corruption to me.

That does sound like some kind of object corruption, then.  Hopefully a new copy may take care of it.  

16 hours ago, LuviJones said:

bb8e780b9348ac8c6027d7dedb531491.thumb.png.2dd651d877ab1c4fd4ac342cfb5d4710.png

This is caused by a corrupted object file. If you get a redelivery it will look the same as the current one. The best way to fix this is to locate the object cache by opening preferences, go to network and files, then click on the directories tab. Once there, find the cache location and click on the open button. This will open the cache location on your machine. Now log out of SL. Once logged out open the object cache folder and delete everything inside the folder. Log back into SL. 

e02ea7ebdf924c6a82d3d37fc86bbac9.png.36c57cd813973848b026f0cc446adfd4.png3d23279f51e21ab57225831b502ebaaa.png.bf0d01ab89d010135c6b22d1fd543025.png

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Thanks 1

I had something different to this yesterday but equally worrying. I was trying to move my Lara hud away from the upper left corner using edit. I don't know how I managed it, but the hud became a 3D object linked to my Avi and a few feet in front. It would still edit and rotate, but was unuseable, and I couldn't restore it. It came back the same.

Obviously I panicked, but decided to get a redelivery, and this fixed it. I deleted the original hud............Phew!

21 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I had something different to this yesterday but equally worrying. I was trying to move my Lara hud away from the upper left corner using edit. I don't know how I managed it, but the hud became a 3D object linked to my Avi and a few feet in front. It would still edit and rotate, but was unuseable, and I couldn't restore it. It came back the same.

Obviously I panicked, but decided to get a redelivery, and this fixed it. I deleted the original hud............Phew!

The problem was that you reattached the hud to the body and not a hud spot. If you want to attach an object as a hud then you must use this: 

hud.thumb.png.8b9bced71887763d5bb4866c05141c79.png

Once you do that you will have several options to choose from.

hud2.png

The problem is the hud can end up where it's not visible. So you have to edit it and move it. 

Here you can see the the white box I attached is outside of the viewing area. The outlined box is the actual viewing area. To show the viewing area and the area outside the viewing area, use your mouse and scroll in and out after you have the box in edit mode.

Here you see the box above the viewing area next to my omega relay.

315389395_hud3.thumb.jpg.65ddc671035658acf5da468594ecb9b6.jpg

Use the arrows and move the hud into the viewing area. You can then position the hud anywhere on your screen you desire.

2081147702_hud4.thumb.jpg.de66a13fafa518420fc7dcdc84e4ed5d.jpg

Keep in mind that when reattaching huds it's possible that the hud will also need to be rotated so that it's in the proper position. Moving huds and positioning them inside or outside of the viewing area is a valuable tool to organizing what you see on your screen.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.