Error adding card

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, norajulian said:

This sounds more like it belongs in the questions section, but have you tried deleting the old one? 

Have you set up your new card with your bank? 

ya i did all of that. and i saw how many unanswered and ignored questions there. frankly wasn't sure there'd be any point posting it there.

Well, it’s not necessarily about “the point” - moreso about forum guidelines. That being said, if you’ve deleted the old information off, logged off your account page,  logged back in, put ALL the info exactly as it is on the card, it may be a verification issue from your bank’s end. 

Or what you could do is create a PayPal account if you’re flustered with the card shenanigans. 

• Like 1

i can't use this card for paypal because it's issued in another country. i know that isn't the case for SL because SL accepts payment from all around the world, whereas paypal has local pages for each individual country that can only accept cards issued in the same country.

that's the big issue. im now unable to pay for my rent or anything. so far my SL landlord is being very patient but this cant keep on.

and im very sure it's not a verification issue from my bank's end. 

make sure you've followed all the steps for changing the card as per the KB 

also on that page you can double check that the replacement card is still one of the accepted card types.  There are also links on that page for contacting billing support by phone and for filing a support ticket which is what you will need to do if still unsuccessful

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, belindacarson said:

Why not just ring billing support? Use Skype and you can ring them for free.

"Support doesn't work" is nonsense, it's in their interest to help you fix the problem to get you spending money again.

im not going to get a skype account specifically to call them. it's absurd they don't have any sort of online billing support when most companies have a live chat for such issues nowadays

and i like that you call it nonsense yet here it is, 3 working days on, and the billing support ticket is still "processing"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.