trying to make a scanning hud

sophy7777

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

im trying to make a HUD that would scan people around for a object they'd wear so it can tell them set informations. 

for example 

you scan a person and the hud says to you 

name: xxxx resident 

ICE contact: xxx resident. 

so information that would be listed by the nc on the object, just wondering if it IS posible  and any tips to how to start researching tinto HOW its posible

thanks in advance 

❤️

You lost me when you got to the part about the notecard.  Until then, you could get the information you need by using a combination of llDetectedName and llRequestAgentData (with DATA_BORN).  Well, I don't know about ICE contact -- that's not SL information, so I'm not sure what you mean.

6 minutes ago, sophy7777 said:

ice means in case of emergancy

Gotcha.  Well, in any case, it's not SL information, so I don't know where you would be hoping to get it from.  Name and SL rez date are retrievable information, though, so just use the functions I posted earlier.  When your scanner senses the person, you get llDetectedKey (or llDetectedName) and can go from there.

You can do the "scan" with llSensor, it creates an event if things are near enough, then you can do what Rolig suggested.

If you have a notecard somewhere, you can read lines from a notecard with llGetNotecardLine, but writing a notecard reader might be pretty complicated if you aren't familiar with LSL, especially events, handles, and string matching. Though, unless you want to write everybody's information into a notecard yourself, you'd probably want the scanner to hold the user's information and communicate (llListen, llRegionSayTo) with every other scanner to get information from other people.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

sounds something like....

HUD sends a "ping"  with llRegionSay  ( or  llWhisper() = 10m,  llSay() = 20m, llShout() = 100m?) on a timer.

avi has the response object on, and it is listening on the same channel as the "ping'.

object reads its NC and sends a reply back to the HUD ?

HUD adds avi to a list so that it doesn't spam the owner.

Edited by Xiija

That could work too. It would preload each HUD with its own unique info on a card, thus making it unnecessary to keep a full record of all information anywhere. Each interaction between individual results in trading information that is important to them at the time.

1 hour ago, Xiija said:

sounds something like....

HUD sends a "ping"  with llRegionSay  ( or  llWhisper() = 10m,  llSay() = 20m, llShout() = 100m?) on a timer.

avi has the response object on, and it is listening on the same channel as the "ping'.

object reads its NC and sends a reply back to the HUD ?

HUD adds avi to a list so that it doesn't spam the owner.

nods exacty! yay i make sence 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.