How do I save the things I build in a sandbox

Arabella Destiny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

If you really did select the whole thing and SAVE it to inventory, then it probably came to you as a coalesced object.  It will show up under the RECENT tab in your inventory with an icon that looks like a stack of blocks.  It will probably have a strange name (like "Object") rather than the name you are expecting.   Be sure to open your editor (CTRL + 3) before you rez it again,.  That way, it will be selected as it rezzes, and you will be able to move it easily.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arabella Destiny said:

only the base showed up when I rez it on my land

That part I bolded might be the problem. If the other suggestions don't work out, try rezzing it in a sandbox with vast open space and oodles of land impact to spare. It can be tricky keeping all the parts of an unlinked, coalesced object within the confines of a parcel. If everything is linked together, it's much easier because only the origin of the root prim needs to be within parcel boundaries. In contrast, the origin of every unlinked prim must be inside, or you'll get a failure message.

(As already mentioned, in future it's definitely better to "Take" or "Take Copy" of the build rather than Returning it, and it's always better to have the editor open before you rez anything, as Rolig points out.)

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.