Arabella Destiny

How do I save the things I build in a sandbox

Question

This is very frustrating.

I started to build a house in a sandbox, not finished how do I save it to continue on later???

I selected all and returned the items to my inventory, only the base showed up when I rez it on my land. What did I do wrong?

6 answers to this question

you have to select the total, ór have it linked to take it in inventory as one piece.

( if you have" higlight selected" enabled you can see if you have all )

not select and return, but select and take.

• Like 1

If you really did select the whole thing and SAVE it to inventory, then it probably came to you as a coalesced object.  It will show up under the RECENT tab in your inventory with an icon that looks like a stack of blocks.  It will probably have a strange name (like "Object") rather than the name you are expecting.   Be sure to open your editor (CTRL + 3) before you rez it again,.  That way, it will be selected as it rezzes, and you will be able to move it easily.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arabella Destiny said:

only the base showed up when I rez it on my land

That part I bolded might be the problem. If the other suggestions don't work out, try rezzing it in a sandbox with vast open space and oodles of land impact to spare. It can be tricky keeping all the parts of an unlinked, coalesced object within the confines of a parcel. If everything is linked together, it's much easier because only the origin of the root prim needs to be within parcel boundaries. In contrast, the origin of every unlinked prim must be inside, or you'll get a failure message.

(As already mentioned, in future it's definitely better to "Take" or "Take Copy" of the build rather than Returning it, and it's always better to have the editor open before you rez anything, as Rolig points out.)

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 2