Does Anyone Own The A.E Condo Tower 2 with up to 21 floors?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone:

I am looking for anyone who owns the A.E Condo Tower 2 with up to 21 floors.  I personally don't own it, but the landlord I am renting from does own it.  However he has a problem that he cannot for the life of him figure out how to resolve and the designer doesn't come on often.

He wants his tenants to be able to control settings such as window coverings and ceiling fan control from the A.E scripting system.  However, only he can control the individual controllers in each unit.  He's been trying to set them so that group members can control those controllers.  However it's not working.  He keeps setting it to group control, but to no avail will it work.  Is he maybe doing something wrong?

I've been looking into finding a new hotel/apartment/condo building but most are old and things no longer work in them, or they look ugly, or they want you to put in your own TP/Elevator systems.

Therefore, I'm wanting to see if anyone knows how to fix this issue.  I am willing to purchase one myself to see what he might be doing wrong, but I would need to rez it on group owned land and would need someone to test with me to see what needs to be done.

• 2 years later...

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?  I bought this condo for the land I am developing.  It is stunning and beautiful and so well designed.  The creator of the product went out of business and the control system you speak of was tied to a backend server.  when they shut the server down, all the control systems for almost everything they made went offline.  I wish I'd known this before buying.  I would have never purchased.  How can the company A.E. Worx still be listed in the Marketplace?  

Anyway, if your landlord ever made any progress please let me know, I'd love to get this building working again!

18 minutes ago, Xindi70 said:

How can the company A.E. Worx still be listed in the Marketplace?  

If I remember correctly from the last time LL "cleaned up" the Marketplace (maybe two years ago?  Not sure but likely someone will remember) -- part of the criteria for deleting products  was about sales. So if there is an old product (good or bad) that is still selling, that product is considered relevant and gets to remain.  There was going to be further clean up of older items and those being sold by people no longer in SL etc. but I don't remember seeing that ever happening.   LL doesn't police what sellers do unless they are breaking the TOS (and often not even then).  It actually benefits them monetarily to leave MIA shops active as those folks will likely never cash out their linden dollars.  

So there is a large percentage of unviable storefronts still up there. Sometimes that is good because even if the creator has left, the products are things people want.  Sometimes you run up against these kinds of issue. It isn't only Marketplace sellers that disappear and leave customers up in the air.    But it happens. So anything EXPENSIVE I suggest people contact the seller and see if they are still around or join their group and look in the membership if you can and see when they last logged in. That doesn't mean things will be OK but it is a step in the right direction. Any time there a re off-platform servers involved there can definitely be issues. We have seen that over and over again. Sometimes the company let's people know so that they can adjust things -- like when a popular vendor company left a year or so ago.   That's the "right" thing to do but it doesn't always happen -- for various reasons I am sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xindi70 said:

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?  I bought this condo for the land I am developing.  It is stunning and beautiful and so well designed.  The creator of the product went out of business and the control system you speak of was tied to a backend server.  when they shut the server down, all the control systems for almost everything they made went offline.  I wish I'd known this before buying.  I would have never purchased.

suggest that you leave a review saying this. So that the next person is aware that the controls system no longer works

looking at the product listing on Marketplace it appears that the building is No Modify. If this is so then there will no way to replace the controls system with another one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xindi70 said:

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?  I bought this condo for the land I am developing.  It is stunning and beautiful and so well designed.  The creator of the product went out of business and the control system you speak of was tied to a backend server.  when they shut the server down, all the control systems for almost everything they made went offline.  I wish I'd known this before buying.  I would have never purchased.  How can the company A.E. Worx still be listed in the Marketplace?  

Anyway, if your landlord ever made any progress please let me know, I'd love to get this building working again!

The now former landlord gifted me the condo set and I think I was the only one who could control the scripts and stuff.  But it's such a huge mega prim structure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.