How do I stop this?

Sammy Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I go to this club, and every time I go, without even asking me, I practically get put into a dance. I have taken all my HUDs off, revoked permissions, and even tried recreating the LSL bridge. But I keep on getting put back on the person's dance HUD. How does that even happen, and how do I stop this from happening, every time?

6 answers to this question

I can think of two possibilities.  One is that you clicked on something a while ago and gave it permission to animate you, but the object never released the permissions.  It might have been accidental or it might be one of the annoying tools that griefers use to get your "permanent" permission to animate you every time you enter the region.  Either way, the only way to stop it is to find the object and either delete or disable it -- neither of which is easy (or necessarily even possible).  The other possibility is that the club has an Experience and you have accepted it at some point.  If so, you have given implicit permission to animate your av, possibly as soon as you step onto the dance floor.  If that's the case, you should be able to find the Experience in your viewer  (with Me >>> Experiences ) and leave the Experience again.  Of course,that will mean that you probably can't use any of the functions in the club that depend on it, but at least it won't animate you any more.

The easiest answer, of course, is: Don't go back to that club.  ;)

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 5

if the dance HUD you are on, is a common one then try chat command /99 stop

if that doesn't work then press Ctl+Alt+T (show transparency). Find every dance HUD that people may be wearing (starting with the club hosts) and click (touch) them, usually on theor heads or butt. If you are registered on their HUD then touching will in most cases release you

it may not be a HUD that you are on. It may be a dance ball. If so then touch every club dance ball that you can find/see

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/11/2018 at 4:53 AM, BethTech said:

What viewer are you using? There should be an option somewhere to stop all animations and revoke permissions.

there is a glitch/issue in sl where if the object in question is detached from the user you cannot always revoke the permissions at that point until they put it on again allowing the other uses to have a sort of permanent control.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

there is a glitch/issue in sl where if the object in question is detached from the user you cannot always revoke the permissions at that point until they put it on again allowing the other uses to have a sort of permanent control.

They said "Reset Skeleton and Animations" fixed it, so now I know that's another option.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.