Problem regarding billing

Oriio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I have been out of country for quite some time due to work and recently wanted to purchase a region and some items on the market place.

For the first few weeks I was out of country purchasing items was completely fine and went through perfectly. However now when I attempt to purchase I receive this notification.

There was a problem charging your payment method.

Afterwards I receive an email saying my payment failed and nothing has been charged. I spoke to my bank and they say they have received no requests from linden labs to withdraw funds for payments. Which had me contacting support for them to let me know they had no idea what was causing this issue either.

My internet speed is around 3-5mbs a second, and I say this just in case the issue stems from a possible time out period when attempting to purchase. I would just like anyone's suggestion(s) as to what could cause such an odd issue.

8 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

32 minutes ago, Oriio said:

I am using my debit card.

Thats your problem then. You can use a creditcard, Paypal or Skrill

Not necessarily.  We have recently found out that some folks can use their debit cards and all works great for them.  Others that have used their debit cards in the past find that a problem comes up when they have to update the expiration date, but all is good until then.  Thus OP using a debit card may not actually be the issue.

OP - In addition to filing a Support ticket, you can also call Billing (not free from outside the US/Canada however):

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  

Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carolyn Zapedzki said:

I use a Visa debit card and it works fine.

Every once in a while, someone has a "disallowed" card that works, but don't count on it.  Those are often cards that people have been using for a long time -- at least since before the accounting processor changed a year or two ago.  If you are issued a new card, it's not likely to keep on working. In general, the best advice we can give is to use an approved credit card or a PayPal or Skrill account and to avoid debit cards and prepaid cards of any kind.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.