How does someone detect a hud that isn't worn on avatar?

Derf Fairport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

As far as scripted options go, without your HUD(s) emitting a detectable means, such as chat on local or common channels and without someone having access to third party data, such as a website your HUD might be connected to or communicating with, you can only use scripts to detect the number of HUD's a user is wearing.

Sadly, illegal tpv's CAN see what HUD's you are wearing and have modal's that list them along with details such as name, desc and attach point with right click options such as export to xml, copy keys or touch.

• Thanks 2

If the HUD is not rezzed in world, it can't be detected.  There's no way to tell what's in someone's inventory.  If it's worn on your avatar, you still can't detect it with a script.  The function used for that purpose is llGetAttachedList, which has the specific restriction, "By design HUD attachment keys are not reported by this function."  Therefore, if someone thinks you have that HUD, it's a pure guess, unless you have rezzed it on the ground.

Edited by Rolig Loon

3 minutes ago, Derf Fairport said:

even if they use an illegal viewer?  

Yup, even then.  Inventories are not accessible.  The person is either a really good guesser or, perhaps, you are wearing a rezzer that normally creates the HUD when you want to use it.  I have scripted systems like that.  The person could easily detect the rezzer and deduce that you have the capability to rez the HUD.

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Aha!  That's a new one on me.  I have never heard of that possibility before, so I stand corrected.

Someone once ripped one of my prim HUDs in front of me and then proceeded to make fun of it because it wasn't mesh and it had no style. It was one of those clunky combat HUD styles from a decade ago. I still wear it and retrofit it though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.