everything stops

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is your problem - that is way too high, about 40 times higher than it should be.  It is taking you forever to talk to the server.

Nalates gave you the link to her article on troubleshooting connection problems.  YOU NEED TO DO WHAT IS IN THAT ARTICLE to pinpoint where the problem is.  
    http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

I read that but I didn't get what the problem is 

I also noticed that if I keep on teleporting the place then it does not logout me but if I stay at a place for too long then shows the message 

18 minutes ago, xsvx said:

I read that but I didn't get what the problem is 

Did you actually do the speed test and tracert or did you just skim the article and possible not understand it?

Also, since I don't see it anywhere here in the thread, open the viewer, click Help then About.  Copy ALL of the displayed info and paste it into the thread.

Are you now on a wired connection, or are you still wireless? If you're still wireless, then connect your laptop or computer to your router via an ethernet cable and see if that stabilises the issue.

Run a command prompt ping to a sim in Second Life. Use the Pooley region, and type the following into the CMD prompt window: ping sim10229.agni.lindenlab.com

What result does it give you as the 'average'? Mine is below: 133ms. (Be aware that I'm in the UK, so my ping has to go across the Atlantic, and thus is higher than that of someone in the US.)

pingsim02.png.b01be3b162e35ef55937dc5b9b729dd8.png

The next thing you can try is a traceroute through the CMD prompt. For that, type the following: tracert sim10229.agni.lindenlab.com

You should be able to see from that where your connection is dropping. If it's within the first couple of hops, it's a local connection issue (if it's the very first hop, then it's your router and/or the way that you're connected to it). If it's later down the line then it's a wider network issue. For example: my connection runs at about 9ms until it has to go transatlantic to the States - at Phoenix - and that's where it goes up to 133ms:

pingsim03.png.53db81fbb9aab98736dc08045039e928.png

• Like 1

If an Ethernet cable works and wifi doesn't, either your router or the wifi adapter in your laptop is dying. It happens mainly to much older systems but sometimes the chips on the cards get too hot and start having faults. Usually indicates by it being unable to hold a connection stable.

So if you want your laptop to be a bit more mobile, try replacing the wifi adapter. There's probably an ifixit guide for it, it just fits into a small slot. I suggest buying an identical card model if you don't want to deal with installing new drivers and problems with bios level compatibility.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:44 PM, cykarushb said:

If an Ethernet cable works and wifi doesn't, either your router or the wifi adapter in your laptop is dying. It happens mainly to much older systems but sometimes the chips on the cards get too hot and start having faults. Usually indicates by it being unable to hold a connection stable.

Now before writing of hardware, more simple things has to be tested first. And very simple,  using a WIFI channel on the router, where this channels are used by others - this can cripple any WIFI connection.

Same with any kind of radio signal interfering - machines, old mopeds, televisions - often a simple reorientation or the routers placement can solve this.

If the problem persists after having ruled out the simple solutions. you can be right and it is an indication of dying hardware.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 5:06 AM, Rachel1206 said:

Now before writing of hardware, more simple things has to be tested first. And very simple,  using a WIFI channel on the router, where this channels are used by others - this can cripple any WIFI connection.

Same with any kind of radio signal interfering - machines, old mopeds, televisions - often a simple reorientation or the routers placement can solve this.

If the problem persists after having ruled out the simple solutions. you can be right and it is an indication of dying hardware.

multiple people using the same network wouldnt cause stops, it would cause general slowdowns

the only signals that are going to interfere with most wifi signals on a regular bsis is what your microwave puts out, bluetooth and car alarms, all of which operate on a 2.4ghz signal, microwaves in particular can cause a signal to be entirely cut out

i suggested this hardware issue from extensive personal experience, as someone who has a LOT of very old computers, the first thing to die on laptops from the early 2000's is the wlan cards, and they show those exact symptoms, they work fine until they suddenly disconnect, and they sometimes wont reconnect until the system has cooled for a while

5ghz wlan cards have this issue even if theyre less than a year old, they get a lot hotter

theres a reason high end wifi cards have heatsinks, its not just for show and flair, but even little ones sitting in laptops get pretty hot over time and once they've been damaged by heat once, it just gets easier for it to happen again

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.