Catwa Head Issue?

Oeasiz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! Reaching out to you again in hopes that you can help me with this. 

I'd like to know if this is a common thing for Catwa heads, or if I somehow shaped it wrong for it to look this way?

Anybody has the same issue as seen in this picture below?

this.thumb.jpg.c40355b6cef07ed2de927b516f46d041.jpg

If yes, how do I fix it or is it just Catwa heads? Thank you!

1 hour ago, Oeasiz said:

I'd like to know if this is a common thing for Catwa heads, or if I somehow shaped it wrong for it to look this way?

Catwa CSR here. Hopefully the below will answer your question:

If you're referring to the gap between your ears and head, then that could happen with any mesh head and add-on mesh ears, unless you happened to hit on exactly the same combination of head brand, head type, head name, and head slider settings as the creator of the add-on ears used. Most add-on (non-rigged) mesh ears won't fit absolutely perfectly right out of the box, purely because the creator will fit them to their own head and slider settings.

It's easy to fix: just right-click and edit your ears into place. In the Catwa support group we recommend leaving the head's ears visible - to act as a guide - while editing add-on ears, and then hiding them before you fine-tune the add-on ears into place.

If, however, you're referring to the flat section of the head when the Catwa ears are hidden, then that is common to many mesh heads, but not all (some have holes in that area instead when the head's ears are hidden). In the support group we have people complaining about heads that have holes there when the ears are hidden, and also people who complain about heads that have flat areas when the ears are hidden. Can't win 'em all! ;)

(As a side-note: I would also recommend tinting your ears just a little darker and more orange/pink/red, to match the darker tone at the edge of your cheekbones. Only a tiny bit of tint, mind you; otherwise you'll have a very visible seam where the much paler (and slightly more yellow-toned) ears - which currently match the highlighted areas of your face - meet the darker shading of your cheekbones.)

Edited by Skell Dagger

Thank you for your answer Skell! I went over what you said and tried fixing it, but I'm still left with the same issue..

I took the hair off and snapped some photos of the placement of the mesh ears, and I even sized them up some but the main issue is between the cheekbones, and the ears.

As you can see the ears placement is pushed forward some compared to the old placement of the Catwa ears, and it didn't change anything... So maybe it is just the shape of the face I've made that's doing this because it doesn't seem to be the ears placement. 

Any other suggestions of what it might be causing this? 

earfix1.jpg.11fdcc9f0ce6a2b78b449fc90b45d867.jpgearplacement.jpg.f799789a948f50081aecc33b06c2d957.jpgproblem.jpg.9f9b185e0a9a982597c14e761cadd9b6.jpg

It's a bit difficult to see the issue because of the angle of that last photo, but are you saying that there is a gap between the ear and the cheekbone? If so, you need to move each ear individually towards the head, as per the arrow below:

ears01.jpg.299fca5f49064f7d8cd5ee6af2053132.jpg

Here's a quick gif of what it should look like when you're moving it (note that I dont have the same mesh ears as you; mine have an inner 'tube' and not a flat section at the front) -

dc7f755c697610e7c4b7200ca645ff01.gif

Most hairbase appliers have a 'gap' in them where you can clearly see that the ear is supposed to go, but the one you're wearing there has no gap. This means the join between ear and head will probably look a bit strange once you have them properly in position, because the front of the ear will 'cut off' the hairbase.

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

It's a bit difficult to see the issue because of the angle of that last photo, but are you saying that there is a gap between the ear and the cheekbone? If so, you need to move each ear individually towards the head, as per the arrow below:

Not an actual gap, but like a "square" after the arrow to the beginning of the ear. 

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Are you sure you don't have the ear a tiny bit too high? It looks like it's sitting right on the hair base..

I fixed it now, I did as Skell suggested with moving the ears more forward, and I moved them down a tad too + fixed the shape a little. Thank you all for your help! ?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.