HAVE COUPLE QUESTIONS ABOUT MESH

HexsKatt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First of all, hello. I'm not a begginer at second life almost 2 year old player. I wanna start my own fashion brand, creating mesh for mesh bodies. Ive tried couple tutorials and made some low quality outfits but I feel like I am totally lost around mesh bodies, templates, baking and selling at marketplace. The thing is, I wanna make clothes for all type of mesh bodies. I've seen tons of creators who makes all type of bodies but never understand HOW THEY DO IT? I mean, I've got all of the developers kits but still don't understand how to use or convert them on my outfits. I am using Marvelous Designer program to create clothing but thats all I can do, please give me an advice and little information about this, you will save my life, this whole thing and getting nowhere made me really depressed lol. I would really love if someone help me. Thanks :3

I'm on my phone so can't post all the necessary links, but will try to give you the basics to get started.

You say that you have all the Dev Kits, but I'm going to assume this isn't correct.  The kits that you can get from most stores are based around creating skins, baked on clothes, and similar creations.  Most of the actual mesh dev kits require you to submit an application because you need access to a development mesh body to be used outside of SL.

The normal process would be to get one of these Dev body meshes, use Blender, and have the Avastar add-on to be used with blender.

You need to use the Avastar plug in with the dev kit body in order to size and rig your clothes to that body.  This process will transfer the weights from the body to your clothes, which makes those clothing items specific to that body.  You would do this after exporting your clothes from Marvelous Designer and into Blender with Avastar and your dev kit body.

If you don't have one the actual dev kits, I would suggest getting the one from Tonic.  You can purchase it directly from their store so you don't have to wait on the application process.  Avastar isn't free so that's additional cost.

• Thanks 1

There are a ton of divergent skills to learn for creating original mesh clothing for mesh bodies. You don't have to jump in at the deep end though. You can get some full perm mesh clothing templates to texture yourself or develop your mesh skills by making accessories which don't need to be rigged & weighted (or have simpler rigging than clothes). All of those skills will feed back into your end goal of making original clothing.

So that's my suggestion. Don't try to do it all at once. It will feel like an insurmountable mountain. It's not though, and smaller short term steps will help you climb it :)

What aspect of fashion design excites you most? (For me, it's fabrics and when it comes to clothes in SL I have enough fun playing with different textures I never get around to actually finishing them up properly to sell :). I'm learning constantly with it, which means they'll be better if I ever do.)

Good luck and welcome to the madhouse :D

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Thanks 1

You may be right because I didn't apply for anything, I only know these applications are just for maitreya dev kit. I went the stores and gets dev kits. Anyway thank you for your respond, even these informations everything look more clear. I just wanted to create mesh for every body type. I would love to see those links if thats possible, thanks again!!

On 8/5/2018 at 10:13 PM, HexsKatt said:

I just wanted to create mesh for every body type. I would love to see those links if thats possible, thanks again!!

For example the kits for Maitreya body:

https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/maitreya-mesh-body-developer-kits.html
* Clothing & Tattoo Layers
* Nails
* Skins
* The Alpha Auto-Hide kit for mesh clothing
Those above are available in the store for everybody.

But please note:
"If you would like to request a kit to create footwear or mesh clothing, you can do so by filling out this form. Due to the high demand for these kits and the limited availability of them, we are not able to send a personal reply to everyone. If your store gets selected, you will receive an email about it."

So, If you don't have a store then you will not get the Maitreya kit to create footwear or mesh clothing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.